Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We will be running our digital monthly Thursday night again this year after the clashes with the first 2 months of the year.

Racing will be dependant on numbers but the track will be open to try your Oxygen Digital cars or get some much need practice.
Doors open from 7.30pm and is £4 per person.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Thursday the 7th of June see's our Digital member's meet again.

Classes being raced, Group C, Euro GT3, and DISCA Le Mans cars

Other cars with suitable oXigen chips can be used also

with the upcoming GT3 6 hour it's a ideal opportunity to test and tune.

Doors open from 7.30pm

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for the lateness of this post time got away from me! Apparently there is a game of foot hockey on tonight that some people want to watch so our digital night will run next Thursday.

All the usual bits and bobs apply hope to see you there

·
Matt Tucker
3,549 Posts
We set the track up on Friday, utilising the scale track and recreating the track that we used in our first GT3 digital event.

Good chance to do some laps with your GT3 cars, as well as ensure firmaware updated, and we run races for GT3's and other classes depending on what is people bring along. Spare controllers available.

Matt

·
Gary Skipp
6,476 Posts
Hi guys

Is the digital night Thursday or Friday?

Will this be the last one before the 6h or will you squeeze in another before the end of the month?

cheers

·
Matt Tucker
3,549 Posts
Thursday Gary, normally last one of the month, however this one was pushed back a week as the footy was on last Thursday.

There is one due on the 26th July, although that is currently planned for track set up as we won't have access to the room until that week, but if we are ahead of schedule we would run some races then as well

·
Gary Skipp
6,476 Posts
I get it now - you mean that you set the track up last Friday, to race on it this Thursday ;)

I'll probably see you at the end of the month, I'll move that discussion to the 6h thread as not to hijack this one

·
Registered
744 Posts
Hi guys, if anyone has an O2 type b chip they'd like to part company with then give me a shout.

Obviously i want a working one lol.

Cheers.

Nik.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Next Thursday (the 30th) will be our monthly Digital night.

We will be running GT3 and Group C cars to DISCA specification.

We will be racing a mini endurance style night 20 minute races for teams of two with a mandatory 1 minute driver change pitstop. So no need to worry if you don't have a car as we are all happy to share and we have a supply of club controllers.

There will also be an opportunity to update firmware on controllers and chips.

Doors open from 7.30pm and is £4 per person with free tea and coffee.

·
Registered
170 Posts
It's Digital time again!

After much discussion we have decide to move our digital club night to day! In the hope of attracting a few more people. So our next digital day will be saturday the 27th of October starting at 11am and running untill around 3.

We will be running GT3 cars to DISCA specification.

We will be racing a mini endurance style 20 minute races for teams with a mandatory 1 minute driver change pitstop. So no need to worry if you don't have a car as we are all happy to share and we have a supply of club controllers.

There will also be an opportunity to update firmware on controllers and chips.

Doors open from 11amand is £5 per person with free tea and coffee

·
Matt Tucker
3,549 Posts
An extremely successful and fun digital Saturday saw 12 racers take to the challenge.

Thanks to my club mates, Nick, John and Simon and setting up, dismantling and supporting the event.

We ran a number of team based 20 min races that saw Team TWR and Team Thomson & Tucker take honours. Quournstars had numerous technical difficulties, seeing them tumble to the back of the pack as apposed to the high of their 6hr race win.

We then ran 10 min individual races which Nick Wade won with 73 laps with a gaggle of racers fighting for second on 68 & 69 laps.

We ran the latest firmware, and used the latest C chips all which worked with no issues.

2019 will see us continue to run a quarterly digital meetings on a Saturday, using a format of short individual sprint races with points awarded, and whose outcome sets a pairing for a team based endurance race. We will then get an annual championship running. It is likely we will stick with the DiSCA GT3 specification cars.

·
Gary Skipp
6,476 Posts
I have become reduced to "a gaggle"

mellow.png

Thanks for hosting this day of racing. Very enjoyable with the track and system performing well. Exciting and challenging to make way through traffic on only two lanes, with a relatively short lap keeping things interesting the whole time. Well done!

P.S. pleased to see to old time original layout used for the first GT3 race at Rockingham being used!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts