SlotForum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Wow, that looks great. I just really wish that they'd make proper interiors and window glass for them.

One question: If you take it apart, is there a seperate windscreen section?

If so, one could vacform it in clear and make their own interior.

If not, the problem is a lot harder to solve.

Cheers

McLaren

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, no interiors yet Mac. The bodyshell is oine piece. The cars run great, a good entry into Scalextric slot racing here in Oz. No real adjustment needed on any of the V8's I ran. I always reckon they should have detuned them a little more so they could move around on the track and bounce over the curbs and rumble strips more like the real ones.
Less magnet, NC1 type motor strength set up would be perfect for these.

Sales are going well, always a popular item out here/
Heres the Commodore.

Nice detail on the Kingswood as well.

·
Registered
469 Posts
QUOTE to me they don't look so good in real life, maybe they need that australian sunshine to really work...

Agree, Astro.

To me, the 'sunshine' factor is being able to identify with what's on the telly (or track if I'm lucky).

I have the Johnson Falcon and Tander Commodore and have had a ball with them all year, even though they're far noisier than all my others and more crudely stuck down than the Fly Viper. The lack of interior also leaves a lot to be desired, considering we get to pay more for them out here.

Still, they're also the toughest (both rear wings lasted nearly 10 months) and the din generated by the local lads when we race 'em very nearly drowns out the cars.

Don't think I'll get any new ones until they're a bit more, 'um, sophisticated (ironic, perhaps, considering the heritage).

A Green-eyed Lowndes AU Falcon (Here) would win me over though.

·
Premium Member
5,679 Posts
Those cars do look mighty well painted.

I just watched Bathurst this weekend; I think Margate have caught the aggressive look of the Ford very well.

·
Registered
47 Posts
QUOTE A Green-eyed Lowndes AU Falcon (Here) would win me over though.

Alas, the green eyed monster is no more.

I agree, though, this would have been a better car to make than the boring Pirtek Falcon.

But the new CAT Ford (also a Lowndes car ) and Ingalls Falcon look really sensational. I think the Pirtek and Castrol cars are a little boring....IMHO.

But I will be definately getting the Holden, and the Lowndes and Ingall Fords and look forward to many hours of exciting racing.

Dave

·
David Moss
463 Posts
Anyone now of someone importing these into the UK. The Editor of 'Total Vauxhall', one of the mags I work on, is interested in doing a small news feature on the Holden. I've rung Hornby, marketing division & they said "they get shipped straight to Oz. Where can I get hold of one in the UK?

It wouldn't be the first time we have had slot cars in the mags. 'Fast Ford' got a track with 2 x GT40's to review. Plus 2 x Ford Focus's. And 'Total BMW' got a Ninco track with 2 x BMW M3's & 2 x BMW Minis, this time last year. & they have just received 2 more M3's & the Raid X5. Sadly the editors won't let me keep them, though,

Any help would be very greatdully received

(See, slot cars are even intruding into my work now!
)

BacardiBeast

·
Matt Tucker
3,561 Posts
Pendle, MRE, and I think Scalemodels have stocked the previous 4 releases and sell them in pairs (1x Ford and 1 x Holden) at about £80-£90 a pair. Also check out Phil Smith and Derek Cooper as I'm sure they've had some of these beasts available.

Not sure if they will stock the latest 4 releases.

Matt

·
Registered
361 Posts
QUOTE (Wankel Ickx @ 24 Oct 2004, 09:47)Those cars do look mighty well painted.

I just watched Bathurst this weekend; I think Margate have caught the aggressive look of the Ford very well.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

NOOO!

Was it on Saturday? Was it on Motors TV on Sky? Last two years they've shown it live and I've sat and watched the lot!

Can't believe I've missed it. Motors TV doesn't seem to have as much V8s as they used to.

/edit - just read on MotorsTV forum theres some sort of problem with the rights to show the V8 races. Big shame as no other channel in the UK has good coverage of them

·
Premium Member
5,679 Posts
Scooby (Interesting name. Tee, hee
), It was late night, strike that, early morning on Channel Five. They cover the V8's along with Nascar and IRL. I think it is a Monday or Tuesday morning. Check their website.

Also, Channel Four had a couple of programmes following the UK Audi Team in the FIA and at Le Mans - but it was shown at 8:30 on a Sunday morning!!

Go figure.

·
Registered
469 Posts
QUOTE Pendle, MRE, and I think Scalemodels have stocked the previous 4 releases and sell them in pairs (1x Ford and 1 x Holden) at about £80-£90 a pair.

Erk, that's around $100Aud each... and I thought we paid far, far too much down here at $55-65Aud (£22-24GBP)

Trust me, they're okay for what they are but there's no way they're worth that sort of money.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
The first 2 Aussie cars are already on the way to us at MRE, should arrive any day so keep looking to see when they arrive.

The next 2 cars are due to arrive in November.

We'll be selling them separately this year, not in pairs as before.

Can't give a price yet, as we don't know how much our friends at Customs will decide to hammer us. Depends how lucky we are that day.................

1 - 17 of 17 Posts