SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
One or two of you may not have yet latched on to the P68 thread which has been running alongside the World Proxy thread so to clear up any confusion heres whats going on .
The UK proxy races will be held on the weekend and monday of this years August bank holiday 28-30th August ,There will also be a support race for the builders of the Ford P68 3 litres described elsewhere on this forum.
The rules for this will be very loose and informal as builders have taken many different styles and ideas into their chosen methods of construction .
So basicaly this is how it goes
Rules
Body to be 1/32 P68 any manufacture realisticaly detailed ( concours will be judged seperate to race )
Motor anything goes (just remember some one else has to drive it)

Chassis any form of constuction (scratch built will add to concours points)

Tyres any thing goes ( all tracks are routed contact me for advice if needed)

Guide free choice but only one allowed

Entrants must pay for return postage

Trophy for concours and race winner

Race will be held on one of the three UK Proxy tracks venue to be decided yet

5x 2min heat furthest distance covered to be winner .

Entry form will be posted on UK proxy site (link at bottom of page )

Cars must be recieved at latest by 25th August 2004

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The first of the p68s arrived yesterday from Phil Smith
Iwill try and post somepics overthe weekend if time alows but like all of Phils cars its a very nice job.

·
Alan Tadd
4,039 Posts
Will be off to you soon, complete with some new rear tyres, direct from the desert!.

Hope your laptimer will record in minutes?......

Regards

Alan

PS Still hoping to get to one of the races, providing I can find something for my wife to do, (i.e. Shopping!).

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
Howmet, your car arrived today ,very nice job and the beardog motor has a nice growl to it too. You must explain to us mortals how you get the cuts in the brass so precise or am I just a heavy handed oaf cos theres no way could I replicate the chassis on this one its exelent.
I'll post some times round slot tech on thursday be intresting to see if it has the legs for a big track ,it sounds like it should .

Alan if Mrs Beejay is looking for a shopping spree then Boundry Mills at Nelson will keep her happy for quite a while or both Preston and Bolton offer some great stores but Im not sure of the Bank holiday opening times for those places probably ok though.

·
Alan Tadd
4,039 Posts
Graham

Thanks for the info......The "carrot" of those shopping ideas may just tip the balance in favour of a trip.

I could have expected Howmet's car would be good, no doubt it arrived with a "hand Knitted " car cover in a nice contrasting shade.

JP ....You're very quiet are you still going to Graham's bash?

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Thanks for the status report on the P68, Grah. Relieved it arrived OK. I'm happy to hear that the 'Beardog' motor has 'legs' and 'growls'.... Just watch out for the big shiny teeth and the long pointy claws.

I cut out the chassis with a fine-blade fret saw and cleaned up with files. Glad you like it!

·
Registered
759 Posts
I'm now just about to send mine off now too! Have wrapped it in bubblewrap and foam in a steel cylinder, so I hope it will make the jurney across to England in one piece
. I haven't run it since May because I havent had my track up since then, but I gave it some oil here and there so I think it'll run ok anyway. Still weighs in at 110 grams so it's no speed demon

Just one question, How do I pay for the return postage? Do I include money along with the car, or can I make a transfer to Mr.Grahams bank account, since I don't have any UK pounds lying about here?

Here's a pic before I send him off:

·
Registered
759 Posts
Thanks for that Graham! I'm just in from leaving the package off! I'm all flustered from having cycled through town to get it posted in time, puuh! Post office closes at 6 pm (C.E.T.), and I got there at 6 sharp!!!
. They said it would take 2-3 working days to get there, so it should be safe really.

Wohoo, now it's on its way!

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Toby your car arrived safely this morning how that for express delivery ,it looks and runs great ,Johns has also arrived safley that also looks and runs well It will be hard to pick a winner from you guys , Mines still under going surgery and only turned a wheel properly on thursday but heres a couple of pics anyway theres still a lot to be done .

The mini motor expired on thursday so i was forced to change it for the HO motor in the pic ,

The wheels are set screw aluminium with alfa supernatural sponge I have made it so the tyre overhangs the rim a little so I can fit a large insert by cutting a recess into the sponge , The fronts are off a friction drive toy with the tyres removed and a thin layer of silicon coating the to give the apearance of a tyre.
The whole package works quite well but lacks a little braking due to the choice of motor .

·
Alan Tadd
4,039 Posts
Sorry for the delay Graham....Mine was posted today.

In order to try and improve traction, (well acheive any traction really!), I've fitted some tyres Russell sent me., I have glued them but they will probably need truing, (not that it really matters in my cars case!).

Look forward to the pictures.

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
759 Posts
Now, that was some quick delivery, I didn't expect it to arrive until today at the earliest! Must say I'm relieved it made it there safely, can't always trust the postal services these days. I take it there were no dents in the metal cylinder then either?
Looking good there Graham it seems very light wheight, sad to hear about the engine loss though. Some interesting wheel and tyre choices there too
. Can't wait for more pics and updates.

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Toby the cylinder had been opened but there was no message from the post office .Perhaps they were worried in case it contained something other than a car .No harm done though . Im busily making decals for mine and trying to get it finished . We have a varied grid no 2 cars being built alike ,exelent

·
Registered
759 Posts
Ah' well, the British customs are known to be quite thorough in their inspections aren't they! I was quite happy about finding that container, I scanned the postage specifications, and noted that packets were very pricy to send, but that a cylinder with a diameter of max 10 cm was classified as a letter and hence much cheaper so send. I made sure to keep the whole thing under 250 grams too in order to keep in that wheight class
What a stingy bastard, you must all think

It sure is facinating that the grid is so varied, and it must be great fun for you to be able to see them all in person! I can't wait for some pictures with them all in. You must take lots for us to enjoy, please

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Heres the provisional results for the p68 race
Concours was won by bastumannen with howmet 2nd
A late entry by Sean Fothersgill won the race with my entry second and John Ps 3rd .Phil had bad luck when his car lost a wheel otherwise it would have been well placed
I'll publish pics and full results after the proxy races

1 - 20 of 44 Posts