SlotForum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, I'M VERY NEW TO THE SSDC SOFTWARE BUT I'VE GOT IT WORKING AND FIND IT A JOY TO USE! HERE'S THE BUT!... I CANNOT SUSS OUT THE VARIABLE PACE CARS. I RECORD LAPS, THEN TRY AND START A RACE AGAINST IT BUT IT DOESNT SEEM TO COPY THE LAPS THE WAY THEY WERE RECORDED. IS THERE SOMETHING IM MISSING? IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME I WOULD BE GRATEFUL, THANKS
NIGEL

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HAVING READ LOTS OF THE POSTS I RETURNED TO MY LOFT FOR MORE ATTEMPTS. STILL I CANT GET A DECENT LAP TIME. I HAVE A QUERY, IN THE RECORDING THE THROTTLE VALUE AT THE VERY START OF THE LAP IS AT 60%, THE LAP TAKES 11 SECONDS, SHOULD THE START SPEED BE SET TO 60% AND THE TARGET LAP TIME SET TO BE 11 SECONDS? I JUST CANT GET MY POOR LITTLE BRAIN AROUND THIS!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I had this problem too. Make sure you have your Track selected, and if you do, try this it worked for me: make a second copy of your Track, and then select either one back and forth if needed. Once I did this my pace car data started recording, and everything worked fine. Hope it works!

·
Kev
2,723 Posts
Hi Nigel, and welcome to Sfi

I have yet to try the variable speed pace cars myself.
I am having a lot of fun with fixed speed pace cars and target lap time set. Racing for 20mins at a time and the pace cars don't drop off speed like they used to. Brilliant.

11sec lap! sounds like you have quite a large track set up. Look forward to seeing that in the "tracks and scenery" area soon.

BTW- You have PM regarding caps lock.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Remember that even if you get a variable pace car to work your lap time for the pace car will be longer than for the same driven car. Pace cars in variable do not have brakes so record without brakes. The target lap lap time it is approx 5% which is 0.5 sec for an 11 sec lap so set the target lap time down by 0.5 sec from the fastest possible lap time of even a fixed pace car )n my smal track of 4.5 iss driven pace cars are a good 1 to 2 seconds slower. It could be even more on an 11 sec lap.

This margin may even need to be bigger with a variable pace car and yot laps already should be "relaxed" lifting off early and late on acceleration to allow for the fact they could be out on the worst case by 0.5 sec.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
First of all, sorry for shouting! i didnt know that rule! Thanks to all for advice, my current track is just under the 30 metre mark. it has taken over my loft! still a bit of room left to play with though. I have a coupl of photos of cars on my circuit on Windows live but this whole tinterweb thing is new to me, i will get some on here eventually. If you want to see them and comment on them feel free! Find me as Nigel Horne. im off to the loft for round three of testing

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
QUOTE (UshCha @ 6 Oct 2011, 06:02) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Pace cars in variable do not have brakes so record without brakes.

Umm, I don't think you are right, part of the beauty of SSDC was that it could record acceleration brakes and LC. Unless Andy has dummed it down....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can definately say that the pace cars do have brakes, mine just arent braking where they should be!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts