SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today I was working with my pace cars for a big race tonight. I'll call them pace cars 1 thru 4 probably ran 300 laps total thru the afternoon fine tuning there time so as to be competitive. All was fine. later in the evening when the racing started with 2 people and 4 pace cars about 20 laps into the race pace car #2 just stopped running. checked the motor it was fine, car had lost its ID. reprogrammed it and retsarted the race, after about 15 or so laps it died again. thought it might be bad chip so I replaced it with a new one reprogrammed the car and started another race. It died again losing its ID. any idea whats going on? All was fine when practicing with just the 4 pace cars it only seems to happen when 6 cars on track. I am running a C7024 with latest updates on it and powerbase

·
Administrator
10,131 Posts
Are you using Rev F chips?

Sorry I'll rephrase that: The ONLY time I've seen cars stop on the track is with the original DPR chips, they are called Rev F and have no visible orange square capacitor on them that was introduced in the Rev G DPR chips that work perfectly

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi,

I have noticed odd things happening with regard to cars ID being lost or changed can usually be cured with clean tidy braids, and a clean track with a dash of Inox!

Try the easy stuff first.....

·
Greg Gaub
14,987 Posts
Also, make sure you don't have any cars set up as having InCar-Pro or the Aux Packet enabled, unless you have ALL InCar-Pro upgraded chips installed, including the pace cars.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It only seems to die if hit by another car or if it falls off the track. Once car is placed back on track it loses ID but will reprogram

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had this happen to me with a Subaru I'd chipped.

I eventually figured out the problem was owing to me having placed the chip too near the motor, so my guess is that EMF was the culprit, as there was no means for a short to occur. Is your chip near to the motor?

·
Prof I T
11,162 Posts
hi
it's a dpr chip so posistion is not the problem. Do you have the orange capacitor on the pick up feet and at the motor termin also.

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Unless the car(s) have been modified the Ferrite men should all be in place.

I wonder what the voltage is on the track, has it sneaked up again??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts