SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have the C7042 set up, running 3 pace cars. I can't seem to be able to set the cars up to change lanes as listed in the manual, but that isn't the main problem right now.

They don't record laps or laptimes?

I start a race with all cars on track, the Pacer cars drive round as planned but when they cross the line there nothing on the screen - only human controlled cars count laps and set times.

Is this some massive flaw or am I doing something wrong?

What is the point in setting cars to almost match your lap times if you can't actually record how many laps have been done.

EDIT:

Also, I am randomly getting 0.8 second laptimes on my 4.2 second track. I have now set a minimum lap time so shouldn't have this issue, but there are no shorts visible and the braids are in good condition.

·
Greg Gaub
14,955 Posts
The Start button controls the pace car lap count and lane change options.

The first letter represents if the laps are counted. G for no lap counting and L for lap counting.

The second letter represents lane changing, either n for never, r for random, or c for constant.

When the field is blank, it means no lap counting or lane changing.

I'm not sure why they didn't have it say Gn, but there you are.

·
Alfie Noakes
2,655 Posts
QUOTE (MrFlippant @ 1 Mar 2012, 18:58) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm not sure why they didn't have it say Gn, but there you are.

I agree... the pace cars set up is definitely the most confusing bit of a confusing user interface.
If G means Ghost then surely they should have used P for Pacer, not L for... erm, Laps?

I found that if you have pace cars lane changing then it doesn't take very long for crashes to happen, and you spend the whole time putting cars back on. I managed 50 lap and beyond races with 2 ghost cars on each lane with no lane changing.
OK the cars bunch up, but that happens in real racing anyway.

Here's my pace car vid:

Cheers
Richard

·
Greg Gaub
14,955 Posts
Great video showing how much fun pace cars can be! I also agree that a couple cars in each lane with NO lane changing for pace cars is the best way to go. That video made me want to go do the same thing with my set of 4 minis and two FIATs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts