SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
5,599 Posts
When I do my wheels I strip in the isoproplyn and then prime with Halfords grey, then airbrush ally base followed by the colour I want and then clear using halfords clear.

I then to put them on a bbq wood skewer to hold while painting as you need to get in all the nooks and crannies of the wheels.

· Premium Member
5,599 Posts
QUOTE (Ember @ 9 Aug 2011, 11:07) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>No doubting that spraying is a quick and simple way of doing things. But, don't discount a brush. I don't have a great deal of experience with small detail spraying. So when it came to wanting to get a graduated colour I turned to the tool with which I was most familiar.

The Slot.it inserts on this repaint/re-personality are sprayed with silver and then brushed with Tamiya clear colours. It doesn't stand out greatly in the photo but the outer rim is a rich green which blends into a yellowy lime in the centre.

Like many things you'll get the best outcome when you are most comfortable. But don't dip unless you're using ink or dye!

Embs
Nice work there

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.