SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Damien Straw
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I had a parcel arrive today, a pair of Carrera Panteras which I just couldn't resist. I have a real interest in Group 5 cars and with the new Racer Capri coming the other day I bit the bullet and bought these. I already have a pair of Carrera Porsches (last pic) one of which was a nightmare to drive but with some running in and playing about it now goes well. I'm pretty new to slot cars so I haven't had much experience with brands so when I got the Porsches I was suprised firstly at how quiet they were but also I just couldn't drive them and gingerly tiptoed them around and still spun and rolled. Anyway, I have them going like stink now although nothing like the Racer Capri. Once I gained confidence in them I can get them to carry suprising speed around bends! Now I have these two De Tomasos to run against them which should be a good match up. They are big heavy cars though (111 grams each!) so it'll be interesting to see if they can get off their big old butts.
The quality of finish looks superb with fine detail like molded in vents in the side skirts and the metallic pink paint and matt black.

My track is packed away at present so it may be a few weeks before I get them racing

They just looked so good I wanted to post some pics, I hope you like them.

Cheers,
Damo.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Lucky s.o.b.where an earth did you find them. Grp 5,s are my fave as well, but i cant get the old Carrera,s for love nor money. John

·
Damien Straw
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, lucky to get them I think. I have PM'd you the details. The more I look at them the more I love them!

Cheers,
Damo.

·
Damien Straw
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi,

I found them on eBay, not many left though I think. I'll PM you the link.

Cheers,
Damo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts