SlotForum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good grief, I had no idea this was going to take this long. So, the past 4 nights up WAY past my bedtime, and it's done.

The stairs and railings are from Plastistruct. Very nice, and millions of times better than what I originally built.

The door is scratchbuilt to the tower, and was a PITA. Why? Because I goofed when building the tower top out of a Scaley box lid...the glass isn't square, it is flared.

If I had to do it over again, I've learned a few things that could've been done better, but overall, I'm happy.

The white Mustang in the pics is my attempt at what an independant T/A team would have - a very plain car. I really like the way it turned out.

Enjoy, the yard is calling me this weekend, no more slots till next week :|

·
Registered
386 Posts
Awesome David, It really came out great! There are not enough words to describe the work you have completed on the whole layout.

The Mustang looks sweet also!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Lee. I'm happy it's done. Time for a break from scenery for awhile.

Any progress on your track?

BTW, I brought all the rain home with me from Florida. We've been getting pounded out here in Colorado - God knows we need it though with the past few years of drought!

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
Beautiful! Care taken always shows through. The shot from behind and above looking through the box is great. If you do your yard with such attention it must be stuning!

·
Alan Tadd
4,030 Posts
Very Impressive David. Really brings the layout to life. Now you just need to build them on a commercial basis.................

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Thanks for the kind words. I'm more impressed with folks like David Lawson though who can actually create works of art out of cars! I can't do that yet.

Actually, the yard is completely natural and wooded. I will be putting in a boulder wall with flowers next year. The only thing I do to it now is pretend I'm a lumberjack, leaping from treetop...ah, nevermind.

Alan, I actually thought about it, but I'd have to build them fairly stripped in order to make them go out the door in a reasonable timeframe. I'd probably skip parts of the tower and hand railings - that's where alot of time went.

·
Registered
64 Posts
That indeed is a beautiful pit building, just like the rest of your track.

If only i had a spare room for a permanent track

Morten

·
slotfreak
320 Posts
Id really love to see what this building looked like ,as inspiration for a new track im building for a friend ,Does anyone have pics they can send me? Ive e-mail david but he didnt reply. Its a shame some of the best pit building ive come across cant be viewed upclose anymore.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts