SlotForum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been goofing around a bit this week. I've finished up the railings on the upper level, added the bleachers, and some more logos. As well, I've almost completed the Refreshments stand. It still has detailing to do, as does the inside of the control tower, but this will give you the idea of what it's looking like so far.

·
Alan Tadd
4,030 Posts
David

Very Nice. Makes a very nice centre piece to your superb layout.

I love the scale posters. very effective.

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
I'll take one hotdog please... Well at that price, who could resist?

Great detailing, love the 'Dan Gurney' sign...

Lotus

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
This is great! We have David and Steve in a race to see who can do the coolest detailing! So far.... it's a tie! At least that's what I'm saying because I love seeing both of you add the next touch!
Great stuff!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
The crosswalk/starter section is ace, as well as the corrugated roof for the refreshments kiosk, very fitting for the type of (retro) circuit you are very effectively creating.

I wondered whether you can run a thin material through an Inkjet printer (cellotaped to paper) to produce banners that drape on the ground or mounds as seen in photo's of classic racing tracks of the sixties/seventies. However, I am not sure how it would come out mind, watching the Le Mans film is to blame.

Jamie

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys. It's still a labor of lov...er, insanity.

Fergy, actually Steve is winning.
His is actually DONE! You need to get to slotcarworld and checkout the Artin Contest. His track is absolutely stunning. He's done one of my all-time favorite slot shots - the GT40 coming out under the Goodyear bridge is AMAZING!

Anyway, more to come as soon as I can do it.

Thanks again for the kind words.

·
Registered
153 Posts
O.K., I agree with my pal that it's more insanity than anything else.

BUT, I'm certainly not winning.
Dave has set quite a standard.

Well, anyway, as others have pointed out, Dave is doing some great work.

I'm sure Dave feels the same way ... I see all of the great scratchbuilt chassis out there and feel rather inadequate.
So, this is one way I feel like I can contribute to another aspect of the hobby that often gets overlooked, especially in the U.S.

Fergy, I can't wait to see you get started with your routed track. No doubt it will be amazing.

Steve

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
LOVE the prices too ! just send a couple of crates of Coke over, I will pay postage

You also need sun roof for the grandstand, your spectators are looking a little pasty !

How about a 'how to' when you paint the figures, there is another post asking for this detail mate...

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I've got to get some sleep...

FINALLY! Finished up the turf around the pit and paddock. Realized that a 6 foot wide table would've given me a better and more realistic paddock - DOH! Oh well, it'll have to do.

Also added the tire marks in the pit area.

Enjoy!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts