SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Do you research Tony, the OP is in Thailand, or at least the business is.

Dragon - T-jets are much faster now than they use to be. At the top end the guys replace just about everything bar the chassis with modern parts. Pretty soon the Theseus' paradox will be complete, as Dash will be bringing out a copy of the chassis.

On small basement tracks, which is the basis of all 'serious' racing in the US even when they have the room to go larger, these cars (and their less modified cousins) are an absolute joy to drive. The ultimate event for these cars is the Fray in Ferndale.

In their totally stock state I agree that T-Jets are pretty terrible. There were plans to race T-Jets in this country many years ago, but the 'brain' behind it insisted the cars had to be stock and understandably nobody wanted to do that.

The Magnatractions are much nicer when close to stock, and with some JL/AW parts they can go well. We have been playing with those for years over here, pretty much ever since JL brought out their version of the Magnatraction and called it the X-traction.

A few years ago Scale Auto decided to try and tap into this love for the older, slower cars (which, as you guessed, is nostalgia based). The result was a version of their inline car, the G3, with weights instead of magnets. It was good fun, but a $50 car.

The G-Jet, as it is called, did inspire people to put brass weights in other inline cars, and for me the best of these is the Tyco-Jet. For me it beats all the pancake cars, The G-jet and it's two rivals, and the Aurora G+ hands down. I only wish I got to run mine more.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Bear in mind that I have not run anything extensively Gareth, just enough to form some opinions.

The weighted stuff really makes sense on the smaller 'home' tracks one sees in the USA, to my mind that is what Tony should be looking to duplicte here, or of course BURN could do it
. A Fray-style T-Jet is amazing, but it takes a lot of time and money to get them like that.

I just found the Tyco to be right spot on, luck more than anything, and just my opinion. Take one set of weights from JW costing a few bucks and add to a chassis you already own, and the end result is spectacular.

The G-Jet is a little too stuck down, it's two rivals even more so. In terms of speed the WHP was the fastest, but if we are talking fun then the Tyco takes it for me. The G+ plus with the orange underside is nice too.

I wonder if JW would do weights for the Mega-G? That has pretty deep apertures into which they could go. that might be better than the Tyco, and the weights would be way easier to get in and out.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
The area taken up by the magnet for the Mega-G is small, the available aperture vast if you think outside the box.

Julian - 12V (boring) and 15V (just right).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts