SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please excuse my ignorance, but why is the Pancake chassis not only still around but seemingly gaining in popularity? I remember my first inline chassis. Finally I had a fast car!
I have never looked back. I still have one pancake but it is so slow it can't even make a backed turn.
Have pancakes gotten faster? I mean I can't believe it's all nostalgia. I watch Tjet videos on utube and they are still as slow as they were in the sixties.
From what I understand AW makes them exclusively and as Dragsters. Do they have more tork, top end? Is it a patent issue? What?
Thank you

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for your thorough replies, and for taking it easy on me. Magnet missiles, I like that. I admit they can make me dizzy. I often stare at the center of the track and monitor the car with peripheral vision or step back a few feet.
I totally understand now and it makes perfect sence.
I wish I know how to answer all of you individually.
I live in Thailand and I knew TOMY has some of their stuff made here. I saw a manufacturing company list them as a client. But we live in a very ironic world. Its super hard if not impossible to get any Slot Car products here. I order my AFX from Australia. There is one Slot Car club in all of Thailand and that is in Bangkok. Its up for sale though. He wants 1.5 million baht (about $50,000US) but I bet he would take a lot less. Google thaislotcar if your interested. Nice guy, Matt.
You can get anything in Thailand. Anything. It may be a knock-off but it can be found. Anything accept a good thick juicy steak or a Slot Car.
Again many thanks for your time and expertise.
Happy tracks
Daniel

1 - 2 of 2 Posts