SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Deane has allocated me a 2 hour slot for a pancake race at the HOGP at HONK next year, what format would people like to race, given that we've got a 2 hour limit.

I fancy a 2 hour classic endurance race, bodies to be Porsche 917, GT40 or similar era cars that raced at Le Mans, chassis rules to the AVHORA magnatraction rules, but I'm listening to what other people want to do and we'll come to a consensus decision. The race is in April so I'd like us to come up with a race format and rules by Xmas so people have time to prepare.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
I will stay well out of the rules discussion, other than to say as a stand alone event it does not need to follow the rules of any other NTM racing anywhere, or the EAHORC format for that matter. The 2hr window is so that other things can be fitted in.

Needless to say my hope, and I think Julian shares this, is that the vast majority of people race BOTH days, hence the announcement now with regard to the HOGP so that people can get the date in their heads/in their diaries/past their significant others and book the cheap hotels rooms that are out there.

Given that the most pessimistic assessment of EAHORC back when it started was that it would not last a year nor find more than a few new people, I think I have every right to celebrate a decade of proving people wrong, of changing the face of HO racing in the UK, but most importantly providing people into HO the means to have masses of fun. Not everyone will share my passion of course, but my hope is that the HOGP/10th anniversary weekend will be diverse and exciting enough a draw that all HO racers in the UK want to be part of it.

I will now hand this thread back to Julian, further 'specifics' posts from me will be in the dedicated thread for the HOGP weekend as a whole.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Deane, your opinions on rules and race format are welcome, I don't have to take any notice of them

Seriously though, as a stand alone event the rules on this one are open.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Julian, I am not as fussed about the pancake rules as might appear, but if somebody appears to me to be twisting things to make a buck out of the hobby I love, I willspeak up. Equally the concept of allowing as many chassis to run as possible within a given format runs through me deeply enough it is hard to let go.

But, just as with the RC racing if we do it, I am happy to let others sweat the minutiae and just enjoy taking a back seat for once...

·
Registered
648 Posts
Yeah Julian I would go along with the endurance race. This is sound like this could be huge beyond all expectations.

·
Andy Player
3,876 Posts
I like the idea of using the Racemasters GT40 bodies (and maybe contemporary 1965-69 resins) - in honour of Deane and his championing of the new AFX offerings.

Plus classic two or three-driver teams would be cool.

A 90 minute race would give us a decent practice session beforehand, which will be very necessary with that track and those cars

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
90 minute race gives 15 minutes per lane which would be fine, and probably more than enough for anyone to drive a magnatraction for, I like the new GT40 bodies and they're available in a good colour range, I'll probably go for a 917 though as I think it handles better and it adds a bit of variety (and I like Porsches) though it's a 1970 car.

·
Registered
648 Posts
QUOTE (asjwood @ 3 Nov 2011, 21:40) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Classic endurance sounds like lots of fun to me.

Lee do you fancy starting a SCHORC team mate?

I will start to ask around, what will the team formats be Julian? Group of two or three? Sounds as if this will be mental. How long to go??? Deane can you put attach one of those digital countdown clocks on the post...

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
I am not sure how to do that in a forum post Lee, but I will have a play.

The HOGP as a whole will have a web page soon, so I can put two countdowns on there once the itinerary is sorted.

Are you planning to race on both days Lee?

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Number of people per team will depend on how many people want to race, but there will be a minimum of two just so we have a few marshals (who'll be very busy), though crash and dash could be a laugh.

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
I should be racing all weekend and will be trying out the low mag stuff.

Just my take on what the chassis rules could be. Not saying i'm right though.

Only Standard Magnatraction, JL, or AW chassis may be used.

No HOP-UP parts allowed & no green arms.

Parts may be mixed and matched between the manufactured chassis.

Any tyre may be used as long as its black and single compound.

Like the idea of the GT40 and contemporary bodies (if they fit!)

Job Done

andy

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
GT40 will definitely fit on a magnatraction, I'm happy with Andy's proposed rules apart from I'd like to be able to replace the rear wheels.

I should be able to get down to HONK next Wednesday afternoon but I'll confirm this on Monday (I'm going to Tilbury and Grain for work but need BT to have completed their work before I can do mine)

·
Registered
648 Posts
QUOTE (montoya1 @ 4 Nov 2011, 07:08) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am not sure how to do that in a forum post Lee, but I will have a play.

The HOGP as a whole will have a web page soon, so I can put two countdowns on there once the itinerary is sorted.

Are you planning to race on both days Lee?

I was, but mentioned to the wife that it was in April looked on the calender and my little boys birthday is on the Friday so we will be having a party on the Saturday, but will be there on the Sunday.....Damn kids LOL

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I can't remember if my sons birthday is the 27th or 28th - if it's the 27th I'm okay, if it's the 28th then I'm probably going to have to cancel, sorry, I'll let everyone know what I'm doing as soon as I find out.

How can I forget my sons birthday - my wife will kill me if she finds out.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sons birthday is on the 27th so I'm okay to race on the Saturday but won't be able to make the Sunday.

·
Registered
648 Posts
QUOTE (Julian_Boolean @ 4 Nov 2011, 09:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I can't remember if my sons birthday is the 27th or 28th - if it's the 27th I'm okay, if it's the 28th then I'm probably going to have to cancel, sorry, I'll let everyone know what I'm doing as soon as I find out.

How can I forget my sons birthday - my wife will kill me if she finds out.

My point entirely Julian....

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
QUOTE (AndySlots @ 4 Nov 2011, 08:29) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I should be racing all weekend and will be trying out the low mag stuff.

Just my take on what the chassis rules could be. Not saying i'm right though.

Only Standard Magnatraction, JL, or AW chassis may be used.

No HOP-UP parts allowed & no green arms.

Parts may be mixed and matched between the manufactured chassis.

Any tyre may be used as long as its black and single compound.

Like the idea of the GT40 and contemporary bodies (if they fit!)

Job Done

andy

Re the banning of the green arm.

Julian has tried them and says he can't see any real difference in performance, Maybe on a home track, but what difference could it make on a long track, anything or nothing?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts