SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use printable paper car bodies in just for the fun of it crash and bash/demolition derby style slot car racing?

Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Font Electric blue Wheel

·
Registered
Collect and race Strombecker primarily, but have other makes, too.
187 Posts
"Way back when" (i.e. early-mid 1960s)... yes! Had a lot of fun creating, then racin' n' wreckin', my paper body stock cars. Here about 10 or more years ago, I found a template online for a 1/32 Camero paper body, and it built up into a pretty cool little car! Here's a couple of pics that I shared in another thread:

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive design

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

I intend to do paper bodies for my analog oval theme using my Strombecker long black chassis for power.

I don't think paper would do very good if used in my D132 oval theme.

Andre

·
Registered
666 Posts
Yo utilizo estos modelos de papel para tener un diseño previo y hacer el coche desde cero.
Unos ejemplos. De estos MP4/12 y M01 salieron sus respectivos coches y un McLaren Biplaza. Además hice algo parecido para el Surtees TS16 que ya conoceis.

I use these paper models to have a preliminary design and make the car from scratch.
Some examples. From these MP4 / 12 and M01 came their respective cars and a McLaren Two-Seater. I also did something similar for the Surtees TS16 that you already know.

Salut
Frederic

·
Registered
Collect and race Strombecker primarily, but have other makes, too.
187 Posts
DING DING DING!

We have a winner!

Frederic's F1's are INCREDIBLE paper cars!! Well done, Frederic!

IF I had built such beautiful paper cars, I would be AFRAID to race them for fear of damaging them!!! :ROFLMAO:

Andre

·
Rich Dumas
3,632 Posts
This car has a folded paper body, the printing is laminated with clear film. The car has a Parma Womp chassis with bumpers and nerf bars added, I bought the chassis with the body already cut, folded and mounted and added the rest of the parts. The Womp chassis is no longer being produced, so the latest cars use a 3D printed chassis that has sockets where the bumpers and nerf bars can be attached.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Frederic's F1's are INCREDIBLE paper cars!! Well done, Frederic!
IF I had built such beautiful paper cars, I would be AFRAID to race them for fear of damaging them!!! :ROFLMAO:
Hola Andre,
Para evitar errores de interpretación o de traducción... me explico.
La primera imagen con dos fórmula-1, son de papel. Imprimí después de ajustar la escala a las medidas de las ruedas y de un motor Ninco.
Luego y utilizando las medidas de los coches de papel montados, los tallé en madera. De las carrocerías de madera hice un molde de escayola. Y del molde de escayola saqué las carrocerías en fibra de vidrio, que son las tres imágenes de los coches.

Hello Andre,
To avoid misinterpretation or translation ... let me explain.
The first image with two formula-1s, they are made of paper. I printed after scaling to the measurements of the wheels and a Ninco engine.
Then, using the measurements of the assembled paper cars, I carved them out of wood. I made a plaster mold from the wooden car bodies. And from the plaster mold I took the fiberglass bodies, which are the three images of the cars.

Salut
Frederic

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Uff! Menudo trabajo, papel, madera, molde, luego resina-fibra de vidrio, demasiado para mi paciencia. Han quedado muy majos Frederic.👍

Uff! Too much work, paper, wood, mold, then resin-fiber glass casting, too much for my patience. They look very nice Frederic. 👍

Cheers

·
Registered
666 Posts
Uff! Too much work, paper, wood, mold, then resin-fiber glass casting, too much for my patience. They look very nice Frederic. 👍
Esos fórmula-1 tienen más de 20 años y no se pueden comparar con los coches que hago ahora, los errores me han enseñado uno poco. Pero utilizando ese método, hice muchos coches en aquellos años, incluidos algunos berlinas, por lo que cada coche quedaba o igual o un poquito mejor que el anterior.
Más adelante y en carrocerías de fibra de vidrio, empecé a utilizar algunas partes de plástico.
Y para seguir en el tema, el TS16 que mencionaba más arriba, no esta hecho de fibra de vidrio, sino con piezas de plástico sacadas de los planos adaptados del TS16 en papel.

Those Formula-1s are over 20 years old and cannot be compared with the cars I make now, mistakes have taught me a little. But using that method, I made many cars in those years, including some saloons, so each car was either the same or a little better than the previous one.
Later and in fiberglass bodies, I started using some plastic parts.

And to continue on the subject, the TS16 that I mentioned above, is not made of fiberglass, but with plastic pieces taken from the adapted plans of the TS16 on paper.

Salut
Frederic

·
Premium Member
4,486 Posts
The 1984 edition of the magazine "Stockcar Annual" come complete with the plans for a paper bodied model of Stu Smiths F1 stock car, printed on thick paper.
Just adjust scale, print off, make and fit to your "slot Stox" chassis.

Font Rectangle Material property Parallel Pattern

Font Pattern Parallel Art Line art

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The 1984 edition of the magazine "Stockcar Annual" come complete with the plans for a paper bodied model of Stu Smiths F1 stock car, printed on thick paper.
Just adjust scale, print off, make and fit to your "slot Stox" chassis.

View attachment 282973

View attachment 282974
Nice one. Just use photo editong program
to remove the sponsor info and you have a generic body that can be printed in any color and laminated /or not and stickered/decaled.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This car has a folded paper body, the printing is laminated with clear film. The car has a Parma Womp chassis with bumpers and nerf bars added, I bought the chassis with the body already cut, folded and mounted and added the rest of the parts. The Womp chassis is no longer being produced, so the latest cars use a 3D printed chassis that has sockets where the bumpers and nerf bars can be attached.

Man, I really like this modify ! Super cool.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts