SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
How long have you waited for a parcel from Portugal to here in the UK, and of course the parcel contains slot car chassis & parts!

My parcel was sent on the 8th and was at Langley HWDC on the 11th March, but that is where it ends : (

It has CTT tracking, but as far as I have ever known this tracking never gets updated once it first reaches the UK any, at least it never has when I have checked.

I've had a good few parts from here and usually they arrive in quick time, although my last order did take longer than usual also, but not this long.

I took the tracking number to the main Post Office and all they can see/say is what I can see and that is that it was in Langley HWDC on the 11th March.

The seller said a few days ago - not to worry and that nothing is wrong, but it just seems to be taking too long to me, is this usual to happen?

So it has been exactly 2 weeks since it was at Langley HWDC, (where ever that is anyway, I know it is a main Post Office sorting depot down south somewhere), why could it take so long to get to me?

I tend to always start fretting like this when my stuff takes too long, lol, but seriously it does my head in.

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
I ordered some Jouef from Portugal in January. Took four weeks.
Ordered some slot stuff from Marakesh (spelling?) in December. Took ten weeks!
I order a lot from abroad, France is the quickest.
Cheers,
Kev.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
That's the first time I've heard of someone ordering slot car stuff from Marakesh, I bet that parcel got a good investigation from the sniffer dogs.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It seems the only explanation is that it has been delayed at customs, still I know it is in the UK, but jesus - 2 weeks since it arrived in the UK and now nothing.

Most likely it will turn up on Tuesday now, lol.

Fret fret fret fretting my brains out sometimes, lol.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (petestrike @ 25 Mar 2012, 21:41) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>cant vouch for portugal but once ordered an item from hong kong on a sunday....received it on tuesday!!!

Sorry but that is ridiculous, I mean seriously now, you gotta be winding me up!, that is actually impossible

·
Registered
627 Posts
QUOTE (f1rem0uth @ 26 Mar 2012, 20:06) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sorry but that is ridiculous, I mean seriously now, you gotta be winding me up!, that is actually impossible

i kid you not!!!! i couldn't believe it at the time either. i forget what it was now exactly but it was only a small packet....but even so.

·
Administrator
9,654 Posts
That's happened to me a few times on this end, in Paris, mostly with registered packages from England - they seem to get here in a couple days, and then it takes from a week to three to actually make it to the house! Not sure if it's the customs taking their time, a postman trying to wait for a few packages or what.

And a few times they've been "returned to sender", even tho the address was right and I never received a notice of delivery...

Don

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
There are around 10 direct flights per day between the USA and Dubai. Packages sent via USPS first class airmail takes 4 to 5 days to reach me. FedEx takes 24-hours.

There are around 30 direct flights per day between the UK and Dubai. Airmail parcel post from the UK takes anything from 14 days to a month. FedEx takes 2 - 4 days.

Kind regards,

Russell

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi, well I received my parcel today!, funny though because also their was another parcel that I had ordered from the same seller, but that was ordered exactly 2 weeks later after the parcel that was delayed.

Strange how they both arrived together, something not right there. I know the seller posted the items on the said/stated dates for a fact, and they were posted exactly 2 weeks apart.

So one parcel took 19 days, and the other parcel that arrived with it from the same seller took only 5 days!.

·
Administrator
9,654 Posts
For what it's worth... Won an auction in the UK on March 18 and paid that day or next. Just received the package this morning (or maybe it arrived yesterday at building), but noticed that the label from the French distribution center said 21 March - so it took over a week to travel in France and less than 3 days from UK to France!

Don

·
Phil Smith
2,622 Posts
QUOTE It seems the only explanation is that it has been delayed at customs

Portugal and the UK are both members of the EU so there are no customs between the two countries.
Sometimes parcels just take a while, it happens.

I bought two Alps printers from New Zealand a couple of years ago, both were posted on the same day and identically packaged , got one three days later and the second arrived after three months, both sent the same cheapest surface mail (surface mail is still shipped by air btw)

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I've been waiting 2 weeks for a couple of cars I ordered from the USA, got home today to find a Royal Mail card with Customs charge due, £12.45. Gutted, wipes out any saving from getting the cars here, it all seems to be a bit hit and miss, I got a couple of cars last month and there was no fee to pay and they arrived in 4 days. Regards Jason

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I always wondered about customs charges, never had any to be honest, I guess that has something to do with the seller, not good service that really, especially if doesn't say in the small print.

·
Registered
998 Posts
QUOTE (f1rem0uth @ 29 Mar 2012, 18:23) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I always wondered about customs charges, never had any to be honest, I guess that has something to do with the seller, not good service that really, especially if doesn't say in the small print.

Customs charges are the responsibility of the buyer - not the seller.

Especially if it was a private sale through eBay or somewhere there is no chance the seller is going to know the customs charges of every country in the world.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE (Gash @ 29 Mar 2012, 15:45) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm sure there's a postageforum somewhere on the web.

Really?

I was asking on this Forum because my parcel contained slot car chassis and parts from a well know company based in Portugal, I didn't want to mention the sellers name but though most people would know who it is anyway, and I thought that they might have ordered items also before from them and wondered if it was usual for parcels to take as long as they did, when usually my items would arrive in less than a week.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi,
Would not expect more than 8 days from Portugal to Greece. I have done a lot of transanctions in 6 days from Hong Kong with 1st class mail.
Regards, Anthony

G

·
QUOTE (f1rem0uth @ 29 Mar 2012, 18:29) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Really?

I was asking on this Forum because my parcel contained slot car chassis and parts from a well know company based in Portugal, I didn't want to mention the sellers name but though most people would know who it is anyway, and I thought that they might have ordered items also before from them and wondered if it was usual for parcels to take as long as they did, when usually my items would arrive in less than a week.

It seems to me that this problem would be better dealt with on a "Postage" forum rather than a forum that deals with slot cars.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts