SlotForum banner

Parma cable snapped... need new one

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  lowrider 
#1 ·
So where in England do I buy new cables... and If it's just poping into Maplins to get a new one, what do I ask for?

#3 ·
QUOTE (Robert Davies @ 14 Dec 2004, 17:28)QUOTE (djini_hades @ 14 Dec 2004, 15:13)So where in England do I buy new cables... and If it's just poping into Maplins to get a new one, what do I ask for?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Snapped where?

There's a reason for the question, trust me

-Rob
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's the black cable, on a parma pro controller, and the snap is about 1" or maybe a bit more away from the trigger. Basically, the bit that gets bent each time you pull the trigger... Not a perfect system I have to say...

I can shorten it, but need one of those crimpted cable holder-things as the present one is still attached to the broken cable... and very tightly squashed. I guess I'll need to get another one of those too!

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
QUOTE QUOTE
Snapped where?

There's a reason for the question, trust me

-Rob
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's the black cable, on a parma pro controller, and the snap is about 1" or maybe a bit more away from the trigger. Basically, the bit that gets bent each time you pull the trigger... Not a perfect system I have to say...

I can shorten it, but need one of those crimpted cable holder-things as the present one is still attached to the broken cable... and very tightly squashed. I guess I'll need to get another one of those too!
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Right then, as I was expecting.

Get hold of a 3 inch or so, piece of silicon wire (a guide wire from a slot.it V12 is the stuff)

Trim all the old bare wire off the crimped connector, and solder the silicon cable to the crimped doodad. Solder the other end of the silicon wire to the remains of the black wire, and you're done.

The bare loop of original cable is a common breaking point
The insulation on the replacement silicon wire a) supports the cable whilst it's bending and,
shields it from chafing on the chassis of the contoller.

hth

-Rob

#6 ·
Hi d.h.
Parma cables are available in the UK although not individually. You'll have to buy a set of three and simply replace your black one. I take it we are talking about the three individual cables as used on the Turbo controller? The basic ones are available too.
My source is Nic at slot32.co.uk, although other retailers are bound to have these as well.
Regards,
Lowrider.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.