SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently aquired in a job lot a complete , bare , porsche 959 body/chassis. i have pretty much everything i need to get it up and runing again barring the motor to enable me to put it back to 4 wheel drive configuration. they seem to be very much related to hens teeth....unless i am looking in all the wrong places. i would love to get this one together as the shell itself has cleaned up really nicely. the only other items missing are the headlight lenses. also , would this car originally had working lights? any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,629 Posts
Hello PeteStrike,

I have several of these excellent cars. The motor body is the same as the more recent SCX 4WD motors but the shaft is shorter so easy to get a motor by shortening the shaft. As far as I know, the cars with lights were 2WD only - over the years, people like me have retro fitted lights to the 4WD versions though and indeed put 4WD motors and front axles into the 2WD versions.

As always though, it may be cheaper to buy a complete car from Ebay than buy the bits seperately.

Remember to post some pictures...

Kind regards, Leo

·
Registered
627 Posts
thanks. i'll keep my eye open for a motor. i can probably fab up a usable pair of headlamps. i've got a few other projects on the go and dont really need another parts donor kicking about. here's a couple of pics. the origanal wheels/tyres were mullered , so on went a set of dtm's that i had in a box. i reckon they look pretty peachy on it!

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Pete,
Your car is a UK issue & the motor you have fitted is 100% original for your car.
It gives a really good performance.
Luckily for you I have the lights you need in my scrap box!
PM me your address & I`ll send the unit down to you ASAP.
Cheers
Kev

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Hi Pete,

I was having a clear out and have a spare wing mirror for this car. The only catch, it is still attached to a body shell!

I am sure it could be removed and fitted to your car without too much trouble. I needed a rear light cluster since my own 959 was damaged, so I bought a complete second hand body shell. I also have a spare 4WD motor (removed from a SCX Bugatti EB110) and axle set so if you wish to make your car 4WD they may come in handy. The motor has the red LED's for the rear lights attached and the headlight bulb. Whilst the motor has not been tested, you would be welcome to any of these bits, if they help with your restoration, otherwise you could keep the motor original as Kev mentioned, and just use the bulbs.

If you are interested, please feel free to PM your address and I'll pop them in the post.

James

1 - 8 of 8 Posts