SlotForum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi guys,

I have a strange problem, that I have just noticed, when i use controller No: 2 (I have 6 connected) i can initiate a trk call but the only way to restart is to press both buttons And trigger???

The lane change works ok, the track call works ok as does Brake button when setup. All the controllers are setup identically on the PBpro. This problem is only on controller output 2, I have swapped controllers with others and it only occurs on no:2 at PB.

Anyone got any ideas. BTW it is not a major problem, but if a simple fix is possible. then great....

thx regards Mal

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
BUMP ........ not sure why there are no replies to this so

A few background questions:
1 - what firmware is in the PB?
2 - are you using SSDC or standalone?
3 - what happens if you only use a throttle in No2?
4 - if Q4=SSDC, what happens in standalone mode?

Regards - Greg

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
Sorry Malw - missed this.

Lets think about it. It sounds like for some reason the resistance is going out of range. Unlike analogue throttles that reduce resistance as you press the trigger the digital ones work the opposite way. So needing to press the trigger means you are adding resistance. So logic would say that the resistance inside the PB is low. But that is not really possible. So my first thoughts would be that the processor internal ADC circuitry/logic has got damaged.

Or the system is misreading the values badly. I would suggest that you update to PB-Pro 1.8h code and then do a system reset. Check the values of the throttles and then recalibrate each one.

Are you using SSDC?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Greg and Riko..
Thx for the replies,

Info..

1, PBpro+SH 1.8H
2. Fault happens in ssdc and stand alone.
3. SSDC 4.6.8
4. Regardless of which controller it is only output 2. Even if only No.2 connected.

It think it is definately an internal fault but what do I know, my knowledge of electronics is NIL.

I have not tried to flash the firmware yet or reset, I will try later this evening. Thx for your time.

regards Mal

·
Andrew Wallace
1,100 Posts
malw - take a look at the throttle window in SSDC and see if the throttle behaves any differently than the others. If the resistance is out of tolerance, you may see some strange effects here.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Andy,

I reset the PB to default settings to no avail, in SSDC throttles window, all the throttles behave exactly the same, nothing strange or out of syn.

As I said b4 not a big problem, I can live with it, so don't waste your time on this little issue.

PBProSH, PitPro and SSDC are still the best things since sliced bread...Thx guys.

regards Mal

PS. not too bothered about it to warrant a re-flash of the firmware.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts