SlotForum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi we have completed our new track today! We are using PC Lapcounter, phidget board and DS300 with stop & go boxes.

Track is a four lane MDF routed with polyurethane paint.

Anyone got some easy user guides for setting up software etc?

We haven't used the phidget board to control the lane power but know how to. We also intend to use it to switch lights etc.

Cheers

·
Registered
460 Posts
Benj:

I use PCLC to run my races; it's very effective and pretty much trouble-free. The trick is to use the DS300 ONLY for detection, rather than lap counting. Simply set the DS300 for a lap-delimited race of 9999 laps, and then use PCLC for all of the ACTUAL race settings: start/stop, time or laps, etc.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stumbley.

Thanks for the info, I am going to try that right now, what happens to the ds300 when it reaches the 9999 laps?

Thanks

Benj

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stumbley

I have done what you said. Yes the PC Lapcounter can run the race and do times etc. am I right in saying the ds300 just keeps going until you press stop again. And also how do you setup a simple 3 minute race on the software.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Yes, the DS300 will just keep going until you press the "Go" button again. It's not likely that you will ever reach 9999 laps in any typical race; even in our 3-hour team races, we're only turning 1300 or so laps. If you run a 24-hour endurance race, perhaps....

As for setting up a 3 minute race in PC Lap Counter, I'll have to defer until I get home (I use a Mac at work, and can't run the software). Again, you'd set the race up in PC Lap Counter, rather than using the DS300. The downloadable PCLC manual is pretty instructive; have you tried reading that? Also, Guy has some examples in the forum section of his website.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stumbley,

Yes tried reading manual! trouble is im new to this slot car world and some of the wording does not mean much to me? When I setup a new race, I want to put it on time mode for a 3 minute race and all drivers then race in each lane colour. It seems to genrate the driver lane heat setups, but whenever i put 3 minutes in the time, it changes? and also what the hell is all this segment stuff about?

cheers

·
Registered
460 Posts
benj:

Yes, the manual is a bit dodgy. Also, it hasn't been updated in quite a while, so it doesn't reflect the newest features and layout of the screens. I'll have to go through a race setup when I get home (writing from work) to be able to give you instructions. It's not that hard, but can be confusing at first.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (stumbley @ 26 Jan 2012, 23:53) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>By the way, benj, what version of PCLC are you using?

Just updated to latest version 5.18 and managed to get timer countdown working etc now.

Only annoying thing I have now is that I am using phidget board to light up lane colour for first place. Great if you do just one race, but if you create heats the first place adds all races together rather than resetting each segment.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Easiest is to just ask this on the forum on the PCLC website, Guy (the designer of PCLC) is very supportive.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Martin

Yes your right, I've asked Guy from website and he has confirmed it can't be done yet.

But for all those with the same problem he his going to add the feature on the next update.

All ways good when you get support direct from it starts.

Well done Guy (PC Lapcounter) for a great job

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,

I answer here because I'm in the same situation and I get some issues with my track.

Let me introduce myself:

my father and I recently bought a brand new circuit, an analogic 4 lanes Ninco. To work with it I bought a DS 300, a DS light bridge, and 2 stop&go pro boxes. I hoped to make that work with a PC with PcLApCounter on it.
I learn to late that PcLapCounter can't control power on tracks when you use stop&go boxes... That's why I bought a phidget interface 0/0/4, and would like to use it on my circuit and PC; that I can launch my races from PcLApCounter.

The problem is, I don't know where and how can I install this phidget interface and specifically where do the stop&go boxes will have their place in this connexion...

Here is a schema I drawn of the way I thought it was possible to make it work, by, as you tell it earlier stumbley, setting 9999 laps on the DS 300, and use it only for detection:

Can you confirm that if I use this connexion, I can launch the DS 300 (setting on 9999 laps) at the beginning of the day (there will be no power on tracks because the phidget interface should block the power until I launch a race from PcLApCounter) and control the power of my tracks by launching races from PcLapCounter?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts