SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm new to this great community (I read you since a lot of time but never posted...) and I hope to give my 2 cent in the future... but now I need your help...

I have just bought PCLC and my second ninco digital kit (in order to have it with firmware version 1.08).
The control unit seems to work right with PCLC.
Now I have to setup and check the system with 4 lane and pitstop managing using PCLC.
I have read about the modification to do to the ninco multilane sensor and the option to setup in PCLC for the 4 lane detection.
I have also read about the use of the same modified ML sensor to setup the PCLC detection for pistop, and it's all ok.

My question now is if we can do the same (or similar) modification to some part of the ninco pitstop kit in order to manage the pitstop with PCLC or if the ML sensor is the only ninco piece that we can use.
I hope that someone else are using PCLC with Ninco Digital and can share his knowledge...

Thanks in advance for your answers ad forgive me if this topic was already discussed (I have made some search without sucess).

Renato "Nevada" B.

·
Registered
916 Posts
QUOTE I have read about the modification to do to the ninco multilane sensor and the option to setup in PCLC for the 4 lane detection.
I am not sure that you need to do this with the new 108 central console. All you should need is the Multi-Lane Sensor plugged into the N-Digital central console and the computer cable that connects the central console to the computer.

QUOTE My question now is if we can do the same (or similar) modification to some part of the ninco pitstop kit in order to manage the pitstop with PCLC or if the ML sensor is the only ninco piece that we can use.
You can use PCLC to display the fuel information from the N-Digital central console with the cable that connects the N-Digital central console to the computer. If you want PCLC to calculate the fuel for each car, then you will need to use the ML sensor and modify it with the Pit Lane track. Here is the link for the modification - http://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?...mp;#entry527933

Best regards,
Brian

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, thanks a lot for your answer.
So, I will try to connect the ML sensor in ninco usual way to the powerbase and check that PCLC count in the right way the cars on a 4 lane circuit.

About the use of ML sensor to manage the pit stop, I have done the required modification and PCLC seems to read the signal, but the code passed from ML to PCLC are not recognized and generate errors in the software, I'm trying to understand why the software do not manage that codes.

And from your answer I understand that the board of the pitstop section cannot be used to detect the cars for PCLC fuel management... (maybe that board do not send car id information like the ML do).

thanks again, I hope to find a solution for the errors in ML code, otherwise I cannot use them for PCLC pitstop management.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I would first check that you have PCLC set up for PCLC to handle the fuel management. If that doesn't solve the problem, then please note that not all PC COM ports accept TTL. If this is the case with your computer, then you will need a TTL - RS232 converter. More information found in the link that I posted in my last reply.

Best regards,
Brian

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The software setup for fuel management is all right. Now I should check the TTL issue.
Have you an idea about to check it? Did you know what happen if the com port does not manage TTL signal?
I ask that because seems to me that the data received are ok (look at them with the PCLC debugger window), they seems consistent in format and value...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts