SlotForum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

After several rather frustrating months trying to get SSDC working properly with our PBPro SH Pit Pro setup

We are giving PCLapcounter a go.

After running it at our last race meeting everthing seemed to work very nicely

It will get a full work out with all the bells and whistles of the track on our next race night on the OVAL.

So I would like to hear from anyone that uses it for their race meetings

What are the good the bad and the damn right ugly bits about the software and any tips hints and advice for running a great race evening with it

Michael

·
Greg Gaub
14,668 Posts
My main complaints are how complicated it is, and how it can be tricky to get it set up the way you like. The versatility if offers is truly a double-edged sword.
Also, I wish that it had the ability to do fuel with throttle curves rather than power steps.
Oh, and the price is a bit high by comparison, but not unreasonable considering how many systems it works with.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have paid for both PC Lap Counter and SSDC and have used both extensively and I find that PC Lap Counter is the one for me to use. I've tried hard to like SSDC but it always feels clunky and patched together to me. PC Lap Counter on the other hand looks and feels very professional and offers such a wide range of statistics and settings. Oh and pace cars, which have always been a pain with SSDC, have always worked seamlessly for me with PC Lap Counter. I'm very pleased that oXigen will be utilizing PC Lap Counter for lap counting. The only thing that SSDC has that I wish PC Lap Counter would implement is the automatic track call. Other than that, PC Lap Counter does everything I need and more.

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
hi
it's ssdc all the way for me,i have used a trial version of pclapcounter when i was configuring a phidget board for a start light gantry for a member.

It has a very commercial look to it and is far to complicated due to the fact it is built for a multitude of different platforms.

I much prefer the look and feel of ssdc and the only time it is not powered up is when i have just chipped a car and i power the base only for speed,all other times it is connected to the pc..

I am still waiting for the penalty system though and i would like to see more lighting options added, like pitlane lights..

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
@Mr F; can you explain what you mean with the fuel load with power instead of throttle curve ?

I have also used both systems, for me the show stopper for PC Lapcounter was the non existing Auto Track Call. I like SSDC, have been using It from the beginning and would still be my choice for the C7030, but I think I would use the version 4 than.

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
hi
yes i have fond memories of pbpro and v4. For v5 you really need apb.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mr F Why curves rather than steps? As I have found that this is the big issue with ssdc and v5 not working
Also we dont seem to notice the difference between fuel loads any more on ssdc v5 like it used to

Re price I think its only £10 more and talking to other users it works with pbpro
So better £10 more than £100 for new base?

Ade Can't say I found it that complicated you select your powerbase on off you go

Mr F you can assign a driver a favorite car

Looking good piece of kit so far

Anyone who uses it has any race experience with it?

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
hi
not saying it is complicated to setup or use just that V5 was built for apb and has been made to work for pbpro..

Apb is no longer a side grade it is a genuine upgrade.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (bigbird @ 22 Apr 2012, 14:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>has been made to work for pbpro..

Apb is no longer a side grade it is a genuine upgrade.

Hi ade thing is I have tried and it doesnt work with PBPro bases properly

why is apb an upgrade ? PBPro does everthing we need

·
Greg Gaub
14,668 Posts
You can make the variations in speed as strong or subtle as you like with curve based fuel load. But with power based, it always has that massive step between 50% and 75%, slightly less between 75 and 88%. I haven't had too much trouble getting that to work in SSDC v5, but the lack of throttle calibration for C7030 really puts the damper on the usefulness of it all, either V4 or v5.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts