Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Due out any day now and at a cost that wont break the bank.

Pendles offer a generic chassis to help you get those static models onto the track.

Take a good look here:
PCS32 - THE chassis.

for an in depth story.

·
Jim Moyes
5,000 Posts
QUOTE (Scott @ 15 Oct 2004, 12:10)There's going to be a run on Ninco classic wheels I think.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, and Jexy just cleared out our local supplier of them!

I smell a rat!

PS What's a "fast reply" when it's at home? Nuro?

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
I just used it Mr M. It simply opens up a little box at the bottom where you can quickly tap out a reply (whilst keeping the topic open above). It doesn't have any formatting options, but I usually don't use them. It has spell checker and smilies though.

I asked Nuro to add the feature for 'fast reply' in, partly because I really like it and also to help those who are on a slow connection. It simply opens a lite version of the reply screen but without refreshing the thread so reload times are minimised. (Swissracer)

Anyway, back to the subject! (before I get moderated...)

The chassis looks great and the price looks even better

I'd love to see one of these powering a small car for the proxy race

Do you have the Max and Min wheelbase measurements... I couldn't see them anywhere...

Bugger - I KNEW WE forgot something! be right back...)

Aghhh!! I'm being invaded again...
Can't you just reply like everyone else?

McLaren

This post has been edited by Swissracer, Friday 15th Oct, 4:00pm

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have updated the review with pertinant measurements.

Mclaren - I replied in your post rather than add another off topic one to keep them together.

poccoinc - They are similar but different chassis mate. I will post comp pics later.

·
Nobby Berkshire
2,015 Posts
My order is in. I've just got to find those old Airfix kits in the loft that have been wating for somebody to put in the effort to make a good chassis. Looks like Sean, Anthony and the crew have done it

·
Nobby Berkshire
2,015 Posts
Great chassis

Got mine last weekend. It's light, very well made, and looks incredibly robust. You can cut down the guide adjusting tongue to fit this to the smallest of scratchbuild cars. The Mabuchi plastic-end drive mount and Fly magnet pocket make this a truly universal chassis for classic car scratchbuilders.

A total winner for Pendle. Total satisfaction from me

Sean tells me that Pendle have other ideas up their sleeves. If this is a winner - as it should be - then others are likely to come.

If you scratchbuild then this chassis is a must-have.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I know these chassis aren't for racing but how do they perform say compaired with 70's,80's and early 90's Scalextric chassis?
I've been thinking about converting some of my older models just like to know if it's worth spending the time and money.
regards
Dave

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
More stable, more versatile, easier to set up to your individual requirments.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Sean, the only thing I would like here is a mounting, fore and aft of the engine for the 8mm circular. It ought to be able to make the aft one mounting both rect and round, right?
Apart from that, looking good.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I made me a 4x4 rally with belts on this chassis.
The belts and pulleys just fits beautyfull.
The frontaxle needs to be fixed by bushings, which is a bit difficult.
I hope Sean are making a replacement front to fit with bushings or bearings ?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts