SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Peak Torque Raceway (PTR) is the third track that I have built, I built my first one about 14 years ago. The track is apart of the South City Raceways group of tracks, and is used on a scheduled rotation. The track is a work in progress and I will probably be working on it for the next few years, at this stage its ready for racing (analogue only) and I have already had a couple of race meetings with only some minor problems, I will talk about that later. My main purpose for building PTR was to reduce the setup and pack up times to about 5-10 minutes at the moment my best time is 12 minutes I'm still being cautions at this stage. I have some ideas to improve on, I will post them as I progress.

PTR is a hybrid track 4 lanes analogue and 3 lanes digital, the digital is not setup yet, I have chosen to go with Scorpius Wireless mainly because I like the features and I'm used to the Race Coordinator interface.

Track layout

PTR Track layout.JPG

Track Length = 21.228m

Surface - enamel paving paint

Slot 3 x 8 mm

Tinned copper braid 1/4"

Braid recess 18 x 0.9mm

Peak Torque Raceway.JPG

20180201_220047.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Wow!!!
As slotspeed said, that is brilliant

Who are you? Some kind of great great great great great great grandson of Brunel?

That fold away is awesome, you should be in charge of everything that needs building, everywhere!

Hats off to you

Simon

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bloody brilliant! Hybrid is a great concept. Your track is inspiring.
Thanks Slotspeed the club I race with (SCR) is all analogue racing no magnets, in the future I believe digital will be the way to go, so I wanted to future proof the track. I still have to wire up all the lane brains and setup some electronics to have powered exists. I need to run a completely separate power supply for the lane brain so I can run both analogue and digital on the same track.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow!!!

Who are you? Some kind of great great great great great great grandson of Brunel?
Thanks SplitRim but unfortunately not a descendent of Brunel

I would like to think that someday I could leave a small mark on this planet, so maybe in 160 years somebody could make a reference to me.
thumbsup2.gif

Cheers

Wayne

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
Wow!!!
That fold away is awesome, you should be in charge of everything that needs building, everywhere!
Hats off to you
Simon
I agree! That is brilliant!

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Here is my 4 lane track in my basement 5 years old just converted to Scorpius Wireless system track is 30 FT long and 8 FT wide
Looks like a very nice build, and a very long track! Nice! Maybe this deserves it's own topic? What cars do you like to run?

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Wow thats very cool. Well done.
I think its fair to say all the best digital routed tracks in the world are powered by Scorpius.
30 long? ....oooh yeah.

Rick

Reactions: Ade
1 - 11 of 11 Posts