Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This story on the Scalextric web site made me laugh.

Just image a world in which all power had to be generated using eco methods. What would the slot racing club of the future look like?

This link gives you an insight into the future of slot car racing:-

Pedal Powered Scalextric Cars

It would become more like a health and fitness club than a slot car club. The race winner would be the one whose partner could pedal the hardest for longest!

Could you imagine taking part in those 24 hour race events. Even 2 hours would be beyond some folk here!

Moped

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
My wife has suggested this for me since I spend two nights at the slot car club and zero nights down the gym.

Any electrical geniuses out there care to work out how hard (kCal/min) you'd need to be pedalling to run a standard car?

Scott

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
worryingly i used to do this! although the bike did not actually power the track. park an exercise bike next to the track, get some electrical tape strap a controller to the handlebars. then pedal!
then i decided riding a proper bike was better

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
That's just not right - surely if you're going to race slots & have to pedal you need the beer holders so you can keep the intake of fluids up.. or maybe set up bikes all about & tell your mates it's to power the fridge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts