Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pendles new GT Championship starts on Tuesday July 27th. To be held at the Pendle Track, Colbran St, Nelson. Rules are as per the Slot-Tech challenge except any GT car can be used. Race format will be 5 heats of 5 minutes duration with laps and footages totalled to determine finishing position. There are 6 rounds (one per month) from now until the year end with the best 4 results counting towards the championship. There are also 6 non scoring practice rounds (one per month) for fine tuning your car! Races start at 8.00pm prompt practice from 7.30pm. Race fees £3 Seniors, £2 Juniors. with £1 from each entry going into a prize fund. All racers past, present, visitors and newbies are all welcome. For further info please either contact myself, corsacarrally, or Grah1 (our club rep) through slotforum.
Sean

·
Registered
325 Posts
Having looked at the new proposed ideas, I think we can make this work. The club had a meeting not long ago, where many ideas were put forward. Nick and Sean have put effort into this and together with a good membership support we can continue to race on this superb track. We had a nice turn out to a fun hot hatch night last Tuesday, I think the club can establish it's self as a fun club to belong to, judging by our last meet. Come and show your support, I'm sure we can make this work.

Suggested GT cars:
Slot-It Porsche 956
Slot-It Audi R8C
Fly Racer GT1 98
just a few suggestions that are all capable of winning.

I'll be at the next round,
All the Best,
James

EDIT: PS, I'm putting all the video footage from the hatches on a CD so if someone can bring a laptop to our GT round to play it on, that would be great. it'll need windows media player.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Thank you to all those who attended tonight's racing at Pendle Slot Car Club.

I'm working on a meeting report, which should be ready tomorrow morning. I've also got a few photos and video clips.
(There will be a delay with the video clips, while my new broadband connection is up and running, not going to attempted to upload them on dial-up!)

Congratulations to Graham Windle, you'll find out more on his journey to victory is my report. Watch this space!

The winning car:

built and raced by Grah1.

James

·
Registered
325 Posts
Report : Pendle Slot Car Club Super GT Challenge, round 1 - 27/07/04

The first event of many to come was held at the superb Pendle circuit last night. It was round 1 of the regenerated series, which was supported by a good turn out of drivers. Pendle regulars were all in attendance, together with visitors from other clubs, such as Slot-Tech Raceway, Bolton and Wrexham slot car clubs. The scene was set for a good night of racing.

With a freshly cleaned track, it was Nick and Steve Rigg who began to set the pace. Nick's NC-4 powered GT1 98 was probably unsuited to the more twisty Pendle circuit and it certainly looked entertaining to drive. Steve Rigg had enlisted the Slot-It Audi R8C as his racer for the night, which showed speed setting a fastest lap time of the night, before rushing off to work. Meanwhile, Andy Green put in a promising drive with his Canon 956, he battled for 3rd spot for most the races with Neil in a blue Fly Racer machine. With 5 seasoned Pendle drivers all in the same heat, the pace was very fast. Mark Brandwood's well-presented Porsche ran well, although may have had problems with traction on the clean surface.

Heat 2 involved myself, Graham Windle, Luke, Craig and Eddy. It was Graham who won took the spoils in all his races, running a Slot-It inline HRS chassis mounted under a GT1 98 body. I ran my last years Porsche Challenge car, to second place in all but 1 race, in which Luke piloted his well presented 956 past my car. Craig and Eddy weren't that far off either, but no one could match the grip levels achieved by Graham in this heat. Edward suffered from handling difficulties, while relatively new driver Craig often found himself at the brunt of the action at the beginning of the heats. Impressive driving from him. Luke ran consistently well, proving that he's a much-matured racer (even if his hair questioned that conclusion).

The third heat featured racers from a good range of clubs. Rob 'rr3.9' Davis had made the journey to Lancashire from Wrexham to test his Slot-It 956 prior to the upcoming Porsche Challenge event in September. Stevo made a jump from the junior night, with his Audi R8C together with Steve Rigg's son; Nathaniel. SlotForum and Slot-Tech Raceway's very own Mark 'Difflock' Robinson dared to be different and presented a rather nice Cartrix Honda NSX. Graham Walker was also in this mix, ready to throw in his amusing comments when ever necessary! Young gun, Nathaniel was quick throughout the night, running a car prepared by his dad. Diff entertained us all with his flamboyant efforts to attack the corners in his Honda; he raced beside Graham Walker all night - who was finding decelerating his downfall. Rob made great progress, suffering only from lack of track experience.

Rob (rr3.9) lines up his 956

heat 3

>> more photos - click here <<

Graham Windle went on to win overall, the first round of 6, with Nick Hirst following in 2nd and Steve Rigg 3rd.I will post the full set of results once I have them.

A big thank you to all those who attended the event, particularly those who travelled some distance and Sean at race control for running the meeting.
Next meeting - Practise - August 10th, Racing - August 24th

a JJ Production

·
Registered
800 Posts
Thank you for the report, it's very nice to get to see the cars and people. Is it possible to name the people in the captions? From left to right are...

·
Mark Wain
477 Posts
Well i wanted to go to get more experiance but i had to work till late

But i hope to attend next time... im sure i have dentist apoinments on the 10th and the 24th of august.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
QUOTE (a Bill @ 28 Jul 2004, 19:56)Thank you for the report, it's very nice to get to see the cars and people. Is it possible to name the people in the captions? From left to right are...
Bill,

On the last pic, the line up is Graham Walker, me, Nathaniel, Stevo, Rob rr3.9 Davis.

Mark.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Finishing Positions:

Position/Driver.Distance covered in 25mins in laps and ft.
1st - Graham Windle - 183.08
2nd - Nick Hirst - 181.91
3rd - Steve Rigg - 181.18
4th- Neil Hirst - 178.30
5th - James Johnson - 176.58
6th - Andy Green - 174.88
7th - Luke Brandwood - 169.96
8th - Edward Johnson - 168.32
9th - Mark brandwood - 165.39
10th - Rob Davis - 163.34
11th - Craig Harrison - 161.22
12th - Graham Walker - 157.28
13th - Steven Osbourne - 152.93
14th - Mark Robinson - 135.85
15th - Nathaniel Rigg - 96.68

sorry about the delay, only just got hold of them myself.

James

·
Registered
325 Posts
glad you liked, I could have wrote more, but was pushed for time.

Hope to see another good turn out at the next meetings!

Make sure these are in your diaries:
10th August - Practise
24th August - Racing, round 2

Can Graham repeat his win? Or will someone else be on top? *wishes it could be him*

James

1 - 20 of 22 Posts