SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PSR is now racing on tuesdays one week at the new track and other week at the old track.
The new track is at seans unit GRAH 1 will post race schedule when he recieves it from nick.

mark

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Well, it's got 4 lanes, it's quite slippery, it's flat and all on the same table as it were - there's no gaps in the infield for cars to drop through. Getting used to it all being on one level took some doing as compared to Pendle's excellent track known to most people on here. That goes uphill and down dale!!

MArk.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Sean, here is your opportunity to put the slot world to rights mate. Simply remove all magnets before you post out the orders mate and that`ll sort `em

·
Registered
325 Posts
Looking forward to hopefully seeing this new circuit. Is promising to be good. And could help promote racing to the collectors who visit the unit! I like the look of the classes of cars we're racing. Hot hatchbacks should be good. Never had a reason to buy a Citren Saxo before! Think I'll have a go.
I'm personally against magnets, but they can help beginners get to grips with racing. But that's one of the only positive sides to the argument in my view. Always to good to have an extra option available though.
From what I've heard and by talking to Nick, it promises to be very good.

James

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
The tin-top class has been divided into 2 groups, group A with salloon cars such as Proslot Alfas, Ninco DTMs etc and group B such as Ninco & SCX hot hatches and BMW mini's. Most of our club racers already have a DTM car but may decide to choose a group B car and avoid some of the Big guns. Should proove to be an interesting class.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Does Group A tin tops include US NASCARS (old & new?) and Trans Am racers - not necessarily the Firebird Trans Am by Pontiac?

Mark.

·
Registered
325 Posts
yeh, do you think you could post the lists i've seen on the wall at Pendle? I saw a poster with lists of suitable cars for each class. Think i'll have a go with the hatchbacks, something new for me.

(sorry if u already emailed me these lists, but i can't remember seeing them in the attachments)

looking forward so this
, hopefully I'll make it on tuesday. But my dad is driving the truck at his works so I need to find a lift!

James

·
Graham Windle
4,442 Posts
Heres the race calender for the rest of the year Ill post it in SFs callender with the other special events we have planned soon as I can

March 16th Round 1 Club Cars Colne
March 23rd Round 1 Super GT's Nelson
March 30th Round 2 Club Cars/Tin Top Colne

April 6th Round 2 Super GT's Nelson
April 13th Round 3 Club Cars/Tin Top Colne
April 20th Round 1 Indy Cars Nelson
April 27th Round 4 Club Cars/Tin Top Colne

May 4th Round 2 Indy Cars Nelson
May 11th Round 5 Club Cars/Tin Top Colne
May18th Round 3 Super GT's Nelson
May 25th Round 6 Club Cars/Tin Top Colne

June 1st Round 4 Super GT's Nelson
June 8th Round 7 Club Cars/Tin Top Colne
June 15th Round 3 Indy Cars Nelson
June 22nd Round 8 Club Cars/Tin Top Colne
June 29th Round 4 Indy Cars Nelson

July 6th Closed
July 13th Closed
July 20th
July 27th Round 5 Super GT's *(Pres) Nelson

Half way Presentation *

August 3rd Colne
August 10th Round 6 Super GT's Nelson
August 17th Colne
August 24th Round 7 Super GT's Nelson
August 31st Colne

Sept 7th Closed
Sept 14th Closed
Sept 21st Round 8 Super GT's Nelson
Sept 28th Colne

October 5th Round 9 Super GT's Nelson
October 12th Colne
October 19th Round 5 Indy Cars Nelson
October 26th Colne

Nov 2nd Round 6 Indy Cars Nelson
Nov 9th Colne
Nov 16th Round 7 Indy Cars Nelson
Nov 23rd Colne
Nov 30th Round 8 Indy Cars Nelson

Dec 7th Colne
Dec 14th Round 9 Indy Cars Nelson
Dec 21st End of year Presentation Colne

Blank Dates after July 13 have been left open at the moment to give the option of a change of class

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
The first round of the Tin Tops will be on March 30th, we will have a quick discusion to finalise the rules at the club class meeting on the 16th. This will be your last opportunity to amend the rules and nominate the cars for group A & B. If you can't make it to the meeting please email me your thoughts so that we can raise the suggestions on your behalf.
Sean

·
Registered
325 Posts
A successful night for Pendle's Super GT first round, with a good number of drivers turning up. Racing was tight and this is only some of which i have heard. I unluckily culdn't make the meeting, but next week, we've got the first round of the tin-tops at the Colne venue.

The Group B 'Hot Hatch' Allowed cars are as followed:

Afla Romeo 147
BMW Mini
VW Golf
Citroen Saxo
Renault Clio
Fiat Punto
Peugeot 306
Peugeot 206
Toyota Corolla

of course the list may still be subject to change at this early point of the season. Many drivers are finding these cars a great chance to try making their hatches into 'Max Power' machines! Paint, alloys, body kits and all!

James

All manufacturer's names are subject to copyright of their respective owners

·
Registered
325 Posts
Congratulations Sean and Nick

Just like to add my comments after attending my second 'hot hatch' meeting at Pendle Slot Racing's new track. Some entertaining racing from both the club cars and the hatch backs. Although some of which didn't make it to the end… ok mainly mine, guess I was asking for it with those McDonalds straw exhausts!
Nick's well-presented green pug 306 took the honours. Even difflock made an appearance and bought a Ninco Clio (I managed to get 1 too). Look forward to racing there again.

So Well done Nick and Sean for a enjoyable evening.

The club's Indy Car Championship also kicks off soon.

James

1 - 20 of 23 Posts