SlotForum banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Hi All, firstly we would like to thank all the teams and drivers that entered and got involved in this weekends Oxigen Meeting at Pendle.

To Start with I would like to say that this weekend provided a steep learning curve for both the organisors and the teams involved. As you say Gary there is room for improvement from both the organisation but also the teams involved.

We were very lenient with the rules but you have to remember this is the first time the majority of drivers racing had experienced any form of digital racing, In my opinion it also requires the teams to have more discipline by controlling the behaviour and driving standards of their team mates when on track, of which we saw very little.

All in all I think we can say the event was a success as we had little or no trouble with the Oxigen system or track, any little issues have been noted which will lead to the progression of this excellent product.

In my opinion this is the way forward for endurance racing and it is very exciting to be part of it all.

I would like to thank Gary and Alex once again for there help and for Maurizio making time in his busy schedule to attend and help run the meeting this weekend and put on a excellent display of some of the forthcoming releases from Slot it all of which look stunning.

Nick

·
Ric Woods
817 Posts
I would like to add my congratulations to everyone concerned for putting on this great event. Besides the racing, there was the accommodation, the food and the general looking-after that racers need, and this was all done wonderfully well.

Many thanks to you all.

Ric

·
Philip Insull
1,793 Posts
Malcom took a few pictures of the Scan-X Wolves on Sunday and has asked me to post them here - also a big thanks to "Big" Rob and his company Scan-X for the sponsorship and to Richie Welch who provided the victorious Mosler for the team to use.

The Wolves Scan-X Mosler.

The Winning Scan-X Wolves team. (Sam, Andy, Ash, Nick, Lewis & Rich)

The top 3 finishing cars

The 4th to 7th placed cars

The winning Scan-X Wolves with Maurizio Ferrari of Slot.It.

Cheers
Phil

·
Registered
156 Posts
Well, what a great event! It was the first time I have experienced racing with the Oxigen system and only the second time Iv'e raced outside of a club environment so quite a big milestone for me. I would like to thank all the guys at Pendle who organised the event, and also Gary and Maurizio for their help. Well done to all the teams involved, better luck next time!

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Well done WSCC!
A very decent victory, against some top drivers and teams. Well done also to my other Club..Demon Slot Racing of Hereford.
Reading between the lines, it sounds like there was quite a bit of, how shall I put this, 'fun'!...perhaps a few marginal touring car type nerfs?
As Gary points out, its early days for any structured digital endurance racing in this Country, so it is to be expected that a workable and accepted form of penalties for 'driving errors' will take a while to get fully in place.
Well done to Pendle on another top event,
Regards Bill.

·
Vendor
2,948 Posts
Hi all.
Just before finally going to bed I want to thank you all for taking part in a great event. I came from two races, in France and Italy, with unexpected technical problems so we worked day and night to understand what went wrong and fix it - and the system was rock solid at Pendle's! So, we're back on track with the latest software releases, with, technically speaking, the best oXigen race so far. So good that I think I can finally leave the system alone to do its job and race, or just act as race director... beware

It was a close race with several teams exchanging the lead. Congratulations to the winners, but really, kudos to everyone. I think the 6+6 format worked quite well and it can only get better with more experience in 2013.
I can't thank enough Sean, Carol, Nic and Neil for the warm hospitality, and Gary and Alex for their continuous support of the oXigen system.
I'm not good at all at movie making but will try to put some footage together.
Sean I hope your tyre was not too badly damaged.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Thank You, to the guys at Pendle for hosting the event
Gary and Alex for the Oxigen system controllers ect...
Maurizio for this passion for Slot Racing
Carol for keeping us feed and watered

Bit of a last minute entry from Demon slot. Ben and I had talked about it a couple of times earlier at some other events but Keith was unsure if they where available that weekend. Gainsborough pulling out and making the Slotting+ Radical free to use probably helped also.
We went with the intention of not coming last. With the Teams that had entered and the Manufactures they had chosen last wouldn't of been all that bad.
The race was flat out from the start. It could of been any ones race for the first hour. 1 or 2 had to do pit stops (getting your car into the pits was easier said than done) Demon and Carzing pulling out a little from the other teams and we then had a 4 hour battle with Mr Skipp for leading car.
Over-taking was also easier said than done. There was a fair amount of contact during the race but I think most of us gave as much as we took

Still a learning curve for us used to racing in a single lane. Is a bit daunting running in the same lane as your competitor. Especially when you are the chasing car and want to get passed. Do you change lane, follow right behind and hope they come off or get a little to close and take them out ?
There was a couple of issues with the system it self but I'm sure they will get resolved easily.
Hope all those that competed enjoyed it as I did

Good fun weekend, enjoyed it looking forward to Henley

John

41 - 52 of 52 Posts