11K views 133 replies 30 participants last post by  Dick Smith 
#1 ·
Pendle Slot Racing Club Trans Am event. 2nd/3th April 2011

Rules can be found on our website here.
Club Address
Pendle Slot Racing Club
49 Churchill Way, Lomeshaye Ind Est, Nelson, Lancs, BB9 6RT
Tel 01282 612418

If you would like to enter please contact Nick Hirst via PM or the tel number above.

Directions
From M65 Eastbound exit at junction 12. Take the Left lane on the Slip road and at the Roundabout take the first Exit (Left). Follow the road down and Cross two mini Roundabouts.
Continue to follow this road for about ¾ of a mile till eventually you come to the end. Turn left and left again into the car park. The club is situated in the last unit on the left. (No 49)

From M65 Westbound exit junction 12. Take the Right hand lane on the Slip Road and take third exit off the Roundabout onto Lomeshaye Ind Est. Follow the road down and Cross two mini Roundabouts.
Continue to follow this road for about ¾ of a mile till eventually you come to the end. Turn left and left again into the car park. The club is situated in the last unit on the left. (No49)

Please note that Sat nav systems will direct you to junction 12 and to the wrong side of the Estate were there is no access. Please program your Sat Nav to Junction 13.

Track Information
Lanes: 6
Length: 110ft
Surface: MDF finished in gloss
Rails: Steel Braid
Timing: DS Winslot Software, with Digital display.
Each lane is individually power with a 13.8 6amp fixed transformer.

Accommodation and evening meal.
Accommodation and evening meal will be at the Rosehill House Hotel.
Rose Hill House
Rosehill Avenue
Burnley
BB11 2PW
Breakfast is included in the price of the rooms.
Please call [T]: 01282 453931 [F]: 01282 455628 [E]: rhhotel@provider.co.uk
Once fully booked alternative accommodation can be found in the following places. Booking are on a first come first serve basis so please book ASAP as room availabilty is limited.

Travelodge
Cavalry Barracks, Barracks Rd, Burnley, Lancashire, BB11 4SB - 0870 191 1625‎

Holiday inn Express
55 Pendle Way, Burnley, BB12 0TJ - 0800 988 3282

If anyone can't find any accommodation please give us a call.

See less See more
Discussion starter · #41 ·
Entries so far.

Nic Hirst
Neil Hirst
Rob Mason
Martin De'ath
Bryan King
Ian Smith
Gary Smales
Harry Smales
Graham Windle
Steve Harborne
Bill Charters
David Collins
Gary Skipp
Dave Wisdom
Dick Smith
Rob Davies (Worc)
Paul Cooke
Ian Bielby
Lee Bielby
Phil Clayton
Eddie Grice
Ralph Parker
Owen Cooper
Glyn Taylor
Peter Christie
Chris Adams

Regards
Nic

Discussion starter · #46 ·
Hi All. Please can you let me know if you are staying at the Rosehill house Hotel on the Saturday night or want to attend the meal on the Saturday night there.
I need to know numbers so I can book the table. I will send a menu out to the people who want to do so. Please can you let me know ASAP.

Nic

Just over two weeks to go. Has every one finished building there cars yet?

This is the timetable for the weekend.

Saturday
Practice is 10am till 4pm
Saturday nights meal is booked for 7:30pm at the Rosehill house hotel

Cold Sandwiches, Tea and coffee available on the Saturday.

Sunday
Doors open at 8:30am
Track practice 8:30am-10:30am
Scutineering 9:15am-10:15am,
Concours 10:45am-11:10am
Drivers Briefing 11:15am-11:30am
Racing starts 11:30am
and expected to finish around 4pm
Presentation straight after finals.

Hot and cold food will be available along with tea and coffee through out the day.
Any questions please PM me.

Entry list so far a couple have had to drop out. please check and let me know if ive missed anyone.

Nic Hirst
Neil Hirst
Rob Mason
Paul Cash
Martin De'ath
Bryan King
Ian Smith
Gary Smales
Harry Smales
Steve Harborne
Bill Charters
David Collins
Gary Skipp
Dave Wisdom
Dick Smith
Rob Davies (Worc)
Paul Cooke
Ian Bielby
Lee Bielby
Phil Clayton
Ted Martin
Eddie Grice
Ralph Parker
Owen Cooper
Peter Christie
Chris Adams

Discussion starter · #77 ·
Sorry Jon your now on the list.

Nic Hirst
Neil Hirst
Rob Mason
Paul Cash
Martin De'ath
Bryan King
Ian Smith
Gary Smales
Harry Smales
Steve Harborne
Bill Charters
David Collins
Gary Skipp
Dave Wisdom
Dick Smith
Rob Davies (Worc)
Paul Cooke
Ian Bielby
Lee Bielby
Phil Clayton
Ted Martin
Eddie Grice
Ralph Parker
Owen Cooper
Peter Christie
Chris Adams
Jon Grainger

Discussion starter · #79 ·
QUOTE (GetSlotted @ 17 Mar 2011, 09:33) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just over two weeks to go. Has every one finished building there cars yet?

This is the timetable for the weekend.

Saturday
Practice is 10am till 4pm
Saturday nights meal is booked for 7:30pm at the Rosehill house hotel

Cold Sandwiches, Tea and coffee available on the Saturday.

Sunday
Doors open at 8:30am
Track practice 8:30am-10:30am
Scutineering 9:15am-10:15am,
Concours 10:45am-11:10am
Drivers Briefing 11:15am-11:30am
Racing starts 11:30am
and expected to finish around 4pm
Presentation straight after finals.

Hot and cold food will be available along with tea and coffee through out the day.
Any questions please PM me.

Time table has been updated slightly for a later start and finish.

Nic

Discussion starter · #102 ·
Hi All
Regarding ride height, this rule was introduced to try and cut out as much of the mag effect from the motors and keep the cars looking as they should. Most will know a slammed Trans-Am car just wouldn't look right.

I have had a few people saying they are struggling to get the HRS chassis above the 2mm ride height limit so try your best to achieve this. It is main part of the chassis I am interested in keeping at 2mm i.e. motor and chassis between the wheels side to side front to back. Things like splitters will be fine as long as they do not touch the track.

As for tyres it is the overall width of the tyres that need to be within the measurement not contact patch.

Not long now and I still haven't finished building my car. Anyway see most of you Saturday.

Nic

Discussion starter · #121 ·
Thanks to all the kind comments on our first event of this type and to all the guys who made it to our club for this event. It is one of the most interesting and fun events I have done for a while.

Well done to Rob Davis (Worc) for a well deserved second in the final pushing me all the way to the end, and Chris Adams for finishing 3rd. In the under two litre class it was Chris Adams who took a comfortable win with his cool looking beetle which left Martin De'ath and Bryan King battling hard for second with Martin taking it in the last few laps as Bryan had an unfortunate off.

Well done to Dave Wisdom who won the Concours with his Falcon by 1pt to Bryans Cortina.

Thanks to Gary Smales and Rob Mason for spending there Friday afternoon getting the club room and track finished for the weekend and to all the other club members who have helped make this event possible.

Thanks to Pioneer for sponsoring this event and to My Mum, and my partner Sunicha who provided the catering on both days.

I defiantly will be organizing another one for a similar time next year. Thanks to all again sorry if ive missed anyone.

Results will be on the Pendle Club site this week sometime.

Nic

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.