SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Graham Windle
4,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ULTIMATE BLACK BOX THE FINAL WORD IN DRIVING AIDS

I had not intended to reveal this item publicly for some time yet but with mopeds winge about black boxes and driver aids I thought I should explain what we will be using in the remaining rounds of this years Audi and Porsche challenges.
The device in question is a 0-30 voltage processor which is normally found in some of the more up to date arcade games This device can process and convert voltages of up to 30 volts giving out puts at high amperage very close to its maximum input level in other words you stick 12 volts in you can have 30 volts out with almost the same amperage to good to be true isn't it but it doesn't end there you also get an inverted output which you can mix with the dc out put this is then rectified back at the car and then can be used to drive the lights (similar to the perma light system but in this case I have used it to drive a magnetic field coil (like in a TV degauss circuit ) to generate a high level of magnetraction through out the car This and the out put voltage are controlled by separate pot controls on the black box . The completed system will of course have an adjustable braking system which is still under development but this again will be a revolutionary system unlike the normal dynamic braking which merely shorts out the motor allowing the back emf to do the braking, it will use reverse pulses driven by a variable multivibrator and linked to a sensor in the handle should apply the minimum amount of braking to allow the car the fastest entry into the corner with out deslotting Early tests with a very standard scalex calibre have shown the potential of this device . A fast lap with a standard Indy car at slot tech is in the low 6 second bracket a lap with the field generator on full and the voltage set to high is around 4 seconds so with a well set up car and a scale auto 35k well you can imagine the results .An advantage of the field generator is that you can run the car with sufficient clearance for any track and just turn up the power until it stays on then increase the motor voltage till you have a winner.
You may call it cheating I say welcome to the 21st century
For further details and prices contact Sean at Pendle slot who will be handling worldwide distribution

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
WoW! Graham, I could do with one of those for my Carrera Dodge Charger it's got one of the few chassis with more than enough space to mount the generator etc. Do you think that with a suitable mod to the field generator you could get the car to hover above the track, thus eliminating all friction apart from the pickup braids and atmospheric drag? If the power was increased further then maybe I could nerf mickl off the track, unless the car's shockwave will do it for me?

Sean - please let us know the retail price of these products as soon as you can.
Graham - any chance you have a finger controller option instead of the thumb one?

Mark.

·
Graham Windle
4,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You will be able to order finger and thumb versions Mark the one shown in the pic is only the proto type ,And dont be silly about the hovering this is a serious attempt to promote the sales of a revolutionary idea .

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hmmm!! Ohms law may have something to say about this devise's claims. There is no free lunch as they say. Is it April 1st yet.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Boy, do I feel like a dumbass...

I knew it couldn't up the volts and keep ampos constant without use of an external power source, but I assumed it was like a cap or battery. Just looked at the picture again. How could I have fallen for that...

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Track would be main power source. If you wanted to increase output, then you would need anonter, external power source. Maybe HP source would do the trick...

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
In conventional transformer supplies, it is true that amps must be traded off for voltage gains and thus the change from 12 to 30 volts would result in output amperage that was only .4 of the input. However, in private discussions with Grah and Sean some time ago during development, I learned that this device does not use a transformer directly for voltage adjustment. Rather, it uses a combination of bi-parallel inversion and switch-mode regulation to achieve the primary DC output. In this case, the switch-mode output is viable, unlike that of computer supplies, because the onboard electronics provide a constant draw of current which maintains the regulator circuits in an active biased state. MOSfet transistors in the inversion circuitry, combined with power storage at low-throttle positions, and power regeneration during deceleration provide a near-idyllic average conversion which results in approximately 94% of the original input DC amperage (at the driver station hookups) remaining available at the output. The AC and DC components in the output are overlayed with an offset that is easily decoded by the onboard circuit in the car. The use of the field coil in the car is something I had not been aware of previously... me thinks Grah has been holding back on that one!
But... it only makes sense since the AC reaching the car is high-voltage, low-current, which is ideal for the application. My hats off to Grah for the grunt work he has put into this!

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Can I pre-order one of the ones that hover, am scratchbuilding a pair of slot hovercrafts in anticipation!

Also can I order 96 of the standard ones, so I can up the voltage of a scalex transformer to 240 volts and power the rest of my house. Cheers

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Fergy, I've said it before and I'll say it again - I'm too dumb to question smart people! Can I listen to Rock FM radio station on that?

Mark.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Following the amazing response to Grahams latest creation, i am going to commision him to build a Stealth button into the hand throttle so that you can sneak up on your opposition and pass them without noticing. Does anyone know the number for NASA we need some materials?
Sean

·
Registered
265 Posts
Good one, Graham! I like the back-up by Fergy on it, too! Sounds plausible (in another universe) until the law of energy conservation rears it's ugly head, that is..... Thanks for the argument fodder. On another first of April note, I informed my supervisor that senior management, along with plant management, confiscated the core of our latest project, and not only did he buy it but he had to be stopped before he blew his top at them! (He was running down the hall!) I'm quite sure the payback will indeed be h***, but it was SO worth it! The man is normally very composed.....

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
Grah, you were 4 hours ahead of me on this. Too much time lag to get a good support argument in there before the "heads that think" jumped on it!

Missed the target this time.
Ah well... 2005 is another year, another chance!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts