SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Firstly applogies for taking so long to get this thread up and running. The past few weeks have been pretty hectic.
Those of you who have visited the PSR shop will know the layout of the club room and showroom, for the past couple of weeks we been having a change around and have moved the showroom to a new position, its a slightly smaller area but has the benefit of being immediately accessible as you enter the club room. Its also allowed us to created an area so that we can build a much needed workshop space that will enable us to build a digital test track so that any repair / returns can be dealt with much more efficiently. We can now also have a dedicated area for our resin kit range / assembly and 3d printing.
In the middle of all this disruption we recieved a call from Hornby asking if they could deliver a couple of pallets of stock including the eagerley awaited Tyrrell P34's. So as not to delay anything we accepted the delivery and have managed to clear the weeks orders plus all of the P34 pre-orders. Its been a real baptism of fire for our latest recruit in the packing dept!

I would like this thread to help give an insight into the day to day running of PSR, keep you updated with products that have come into stock and equally new products that we are working on as part of our own ranges.

Please don't ask about specific orders you can email or phone us about those but if you have any general questions regarding the topics I post, PSR products or questions regarding new products please post and I'll attempt to find the answers.
Sean

· ParrotGod
12,512 Posts
Hi Sean

when things settle (if ever) down a bit, I for one would like to see some pics of the shop/workshop etc. Not sure that completely fit the topic here but still would be nice to see some of the creation (resin, 3d printing, etc) being made.

· Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Another busy week at PSR. Not much in the way of new cars arriving although the Scalextric C4016 VW Passat of Bobby Thompson which was held over from last year did make an appearance.
https://www.pendleslotracing.co.uk/scalextric-vw-passat-cc-team-hard-btcc-2018-bobby-thompson.html
So too did the Teamslot Lancia Delta Martini Test Car,
https://www.pendleslotracing.co.uk/scalextric-vw-passat-cc-team-hard-btcc-2018-bobby-thompson.html
possibly one of the best cars to come from Teamslot for many years. They have also sorted out a way of safely fastening their cars into the boxes, preventing them from becoming dislodged and damaged whilst in transit. It's a bug bear of mine and something I've 'banged-on' about to manufacturers for years. Now only if Carrera would ditch those huge boxes, that would be a step forward, not only in the use of less plastic, but also reducing shipping costs for onward mail order to customers. I don't have any figures to back this up but I would suggest that the majority of slot cars are now sold via mail order rather than the traditional model shop so reducing box sizes & weights would be of benefit.
One day of the week I look forward to more than most is Tuesday, its our club race night but it also gives me a chance to catch up with Bryan, PSR's in house full time model maker. We review and discuss any on going projects, sometimes we need to brain storm to get over a specific problem. Some projects are literally months in development before any finished products hit the website. This week we've been pretty lucky. Bryan brought along a finished example of our latest Penelope Pitlane kit a Ferrari 156 Aero modelling the car that raced at Monaco in 1964.
https://www.pendleslotracing.co.uk/penelope-pitlane-ferrari-156-aero-monaco-gp-1964.html
The body has been carved totally from scratch, initially as a kit for Bryan to enter a proxy race in 2019 but then we developed the body further in order to add it to the PP range. The biggest stumbling block with this kit was how to create the wire mesh cover over the air intakes. It was at a similar meeting over 6 months ago we decided on trying to vac forming over a mould made from wire mesh. To our surprise the idea works and the results are quite impressive. We now have all the pieces required to complete the kits.
2 new resin bodies have recently been completed and sent away this week for mould making and casting. This is a tediously long process and can add 6-8 weeks to the job time before we see any samples. Typically, the samples are fine and we then give the go-ahead for production which will take another 6-8 weeks.
Another project which we started around 6 months ago came from an idea by Nick, he was struggling with intermittent power around his man cave circuit and came up with the idea of bridging across the track rail joints, rather than the usual and tedious job of hard wiring the underside of each track joint, something which is almost impossible if you have a permanent circuit. A design for our track booster idea was drawn up and sent of for production, testing and information leaflets followed and we now have a unique product which will hopefully be an invaluable aid in helping customer make their track more enjoyable to race on by being more consistent and reliable.
https://www.pendleslotracing.co.uk/psr-track-power-boosters.html

Next week I'm hopefull of having news of some new tyres we're adding to the PCS range which should give scratch builders some added options.

This week we have seen an escalation in Coronavirus cases across Europe and beyond, this is starting to have an effect on deliveries coming in from suppliers across europe its also started raising the question as to wether or not this years UK Slot Car Festival will go ahead as planned. Unfortunately, I don't have a definitive answer at the moment. Directives may come in the coming weeks from the Government or indeed the museum staff. Until then we are still making preparations for the event in May but are mindful that many visitors, exhibitors & stall-holders will also make their own decisions regarding their attendance.
Hope everyone staffs safe and virus free.
Sean

· Registered
693 Posts
The Ford vs Ferrari class is taking off over the world. Policar have just done the Ferrari 330. Do you know if any other quality manufacturers will follow suit with releasing Ferraris in the future ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.