SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Here are some pics of the track I'm building. It's Sebring in a much smaller size.The table is 17 x 13.The lap length is 65 feet.There still is alot more to do til it's finished but I thought it's time to get some photos up on the board.
Snakebit

·
Registered
73 Posts
The track looks great Snakebit. I really like the LeMans style sarting row. Are you going to make the drivers sprint to their controllers? Any chance for added mayhem could be be fun.

Gord

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Black3sr ,The surface is painted with latex flat paint ,medium gray for the ashalt and a light stone gray for the concrete.I then airbrushed and spray bombed the concrete in a grid pattern to simulate the concrete pads of the runways,I also added runway lines and numbers.I then added cracks .The whole surface was coated with Parks Satin waterbased urethane.I also added some Woodland Scenic weeds to give it a neglected look. Thanks everyone for their compliments,Snakebit

·
Registered
459 Posts
Wonderful concept... looks like a fun track to run, too.

Love the three 51D's sitting on the edge of the runway.

Okay, now it's time to plant some Woodland Scenics weeds in the cracks on the racing surface itself.

·
Rob
3,430 Posts
Fantastic

So much to like here! The whole concept is different, and it works really well. So many nice details too, love the aircraft, the signs, the big tower...

Great work Snakebit, gotta see some more pics

cheers,

Rob

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
Yes, more pics. My head hurts trying to work out the whole layout.

I'm jealous - I have thre of those big diecast planes looking for somewhere "to land".

·
Brad Korando / Brad Korando
1,089 Posts
Snakebit...you're certainly not living up to your handle with this track. I LOVE IT! What a great idea. The execution of the runway and taxiway paving is just fantastic. The water tower is perfect too. Are you going with a red and white checkerboard pattern on the tank; like so many of the old airports seemed to have? The Shell sign looks good too. Is it scratchbuilt as well? If not, who makes it? I think one would fit in well on my Prairie Ridge circuit.

It is plain to see that you have started in on what will become one of THE layouts to watch here on SlotForum. Nice work

Brad

·
Bill
2,888 Posts
great original track. beautiful scenery and design. looks like you've got a lemans style start for six cars. i imagine that you've got plans for some sort of pit building? how does the lemans start work?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Thanks again for the great comments.Brad ,the water tower is about 90% finished.I still have to make the top railing and (you are correct)paint the red checks.Also plan to weather it with rust.The Shell sign is a kit by Miller Engineering and is easy to build.The sign is lighted with trace lights that strobe upward through the shell emblem.The word SHELL lights up one letter at a time in sequence. Bill, there are nine starting positions on the LeMans start.Three for each lane.Each driver qualifies to pick starting lane color but draws from a hat for starting position just to add a little Sebring drama.I always loved those wild Sebring starts.I added a few pics of the strart in the early building process to get an idea of the start.Red cars represent the red lane potential starting positions ,the white for white and blue for the blue lane.And then there's the possibility of going digital in the future. Joe

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.