SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Hi guys...

Some people awaited this (some of you for the pics, but most of all my wife, to get more space in the garage!)

The table is lifted! You see the steel bars (4cm by 4cm, 4mm thick) at the ceiling, we welded them between two stell plates we put on the wall, and bolted them to the ceiling for extra safety:

More up close, the steel bars from the table are 6cm by 2cm, 4mm thick welded together:

The track close to the ceiling, you see that the top of the tower is removed (I designed that one to be able to take it apart for this purpose)

The motor: an electrical winch, pulling 500kg!

Triangle designed by my father, 6 mm thick steel plate, towing the six cables (each 6mm).

The designer inspecting his work! We worked with a pulley to reduce the "lift-speed"!

Now this is finished, I can get back to the layout! There is still a lot to do to finish Petit Spa...

If you have more questions, feel free to ask them!

Cheers

Gunther

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Nice bit of engineering, Looks the part as well. My first track was in my garage and it was suspended on rope but I was never to happy standing under it ?.

Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I'll be keeping that in mind for when we get around to buying the next house. It's a very slick solution for the age old problem of space to keep the missus Gunther.

·
1 hp Trabant is not my real car
770 Posts
QUOTE (Eno Dog @ 11 Apr 2005, 00:25)I'll be keeping that in mind for when we get around to buying the next house. It's a very slick solution for the age old problem of space to keep the missus Gunther.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL

Tom.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Hehe... missus G. is very indeed happy! Now we can start on the garden as well... and we can put her car in the garage too!

There are indeed two different motors, and everything works apart... with remote control! When the table is up, and the legs of the table are clicked in... the underside of the table comes completely above the hight of the doors, so we don't have trouble walking under it.

To answer Taxi's question... my dad is very interested in cars and racing, but he hasn't done one lap on Petit Spa! We talked about my second track yesterday (yes you read it right, second one) that will be routed and detachable, designed for 1/24's. And he will help for the construction too! But that's a project for late this summer! First get everything else done around the house... or missus G. won't be so happy anymore!

More info on this liftable table (with better pics) will come my "Members Layout" section.

Cheers

Gunther

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.