SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Hi there,

Because a few people wanted to see some more pics of Petit Spa, I did a photoshoot last monday at racing night! As you see, I still have a lot to do, like fill up my pitboxes, and re-do the area around the grandstand. I also have a few new figures from SRA I still have to paint. But now most of the time I'm working on the "lift system", to get the track to the ceiling as soon as possible:

But here is a "Race Report" of monday's Proximus 24 Hours of Petit Spa (Fia GT):

The beginning of the LG Racing weekend, supply trucks are delivering!

Everything looks quiet and abandonned:

The first big team arrives:

Privateer teams start showing up too:

Friday night, spectators arrive and buy their tickets and booklets:

Some campers on the look for the right spot to put their tents:

Some people allready found their spot:

The night falls, everything is quiet... It won't be like that on saturday night!

Saturday morning: it's hectic in the pitlane to do the last mod's on the cars (focussed on my team for the weekend: Team Oreca):

Some interviews are taken just before the race:

Team BMW posing for the picture:

It's 4 PM, teams and "crowd" are ready for the start (you see I still need a lot of specators to fill things up):

The grid (for tonight 5 teams instead of six, one called in sick! Too bad for the lousy pic, but it's the only one where all the cars for tonight are on!)

Ben's Repsol Marcos passing the pits at high speed:

Kristof braking for La Source with the new Viper:

During the race, the spectators are having a great time:

People with scooters, driving from one end to the other, to see the cars go by in every corner!

Look at Bram and Kristof's "race faces"!

Serious accidents happened too, but not with our five teams:

Jo's XBOX Marcos and Bram's Festina Viper going through Les Combes:

My team making a pitstop:

Mercandise sells great during these weekends!

Jo's Marcos braking for Les Combes:

The podium: As well as there are no pictures of "Team Oreca" they finished first and took the lead in the championship. Bram finished second, and Jo third.

There are no more pictures taken during the race due to a low battery!

It's the last time I'll have to put on the pictures like this. Next time I'll be able to put a link to my new website about Petit Spa. But for the moment I'm far to busy making the "lift-system" for the whole track.

To be continued!

Greets from Petit Spa

Gunther

·
Fast Co.
1,240 Posts
Wow Gunther! It just keeps getting better and better. Great story-telling through the photographs. Nice camera work too. And of course, the layout looks awesome!!

I'm looking forward to your website.
Regards,
Steve

·
René 'Vialli' Christensen
4,861 Posts
Questions and remarks:
1) How did you make the tents?
2) How did you make the t-shirts?
3) The 206 is missing the ticket in the frontscreen!
4) How much elevation do you have around the track?
5) Where did you get the little whites chairs and the white table?

That's all for now - but I must say the scenary is just like I want to do it, when I get my own track!
Well done!

Looking forward to your new site!!!!

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
First of all thanks for the kind words! I love the story behind the pictures too, I think they have more to tell than just scenery pics, and of course I think about the story when I'm taking the pics.

I really enjoy going to a real race-track and I want to recreate the a bit of the same feeling in Petit Spa too... but I think you noticed this in the way I take pictures of the track... I allways try to photograph from position the figures are in, I love to make the thing look as realistic as possible in the pictures.

To answer SlotraceDK's questions:

1) I googled for images of tents and foud a very simple flat drawing of a tent, printed it in different colors, and folded and glued them... and you know the result. It is not super material, but it does the job quite well...I still have the picture on my HD, if you want it... I'll mail it to you!

2)I googled for "motorsport merchandise" and found hundreds of images of t-shirts, vests, shoes, cap's, umbrella's. Resised everything that they would fit a 1/32 figures and printed them. I cut them out and glued them to the merchandise stand. There are a few hanging in the stand, on a paperclip, to have a more depth-view.

3)Great idea! Never thought of it! Check this place in the very near future! Thanks for the tip!

4)I don't know for sure anymore... 20-25 cm I think... I can't go higher, because the table has to be lifted to the ceiling, and the higher I made the elevation, the lower the underside of the construction comes!

5)Hehe... I thought somebody was going to ask that... they came together with my "Snack-Truck". You see it in the same picture. Somebody showed that truck here, and I immediately ordered one too... The standard thing comes with "homies" and several other items like coffee cans and stuff.

Greetz

Gunther

·
Fast Co.
1,240 Posts
QUOTE (sswiseman1 @ 1 Apr 2005, 11:17)I can't get enough of this track. A dedicated Web site to Petit Spa will land in my browser Favorites for sure!

Fantastic, as always.

-steve
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I concur. Gunther, your track is without doubt one of the best plastic tracks on the net along with Skipsleat Intl and some of the others on the member's layouts page of SF.

In fact, why not contact Nuro to get your pix posted on the SF member's layout page?

Steve

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
QUOTE (sacesta @ 1 Apr 2005, 17:50)In fact, why not contact Nuro to get your pix posted on the SF member's layout page?

Steve
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I talked this through with Doug a very long time ago... when the track is completely finished, with the lifting part and all, I'll write a little artikel about the Petit Spa that will be in the members layout. I don't like half work you know?

While writing this, I'm waiting for my partner for today to hang the last cables and the motor to lift the whole thing. Hopefully Petit Spa goes up today!

Cheers

Gunther

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.