SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Matt Tucker
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like Ninco have been keeping a few things up their sleeves. GetSlotted are showing that Ninco could be the first manafacturer to release the 307 to market, saying a version of the one raced in Mexico (or Maxico) will be available in 3-4 weeks. They state that it will have "new special bushings" (!?).

Wonder how many purchases Ninco loose out on because of their secrecy and people pre-ordering other manafacturers promises!

Also showing a rather tasty Red Bull BMW M3!

Matt

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Sweet!

Nice bit of news there...

I'll take an M3 and a 307 if they do a chassis to fit the old motor mounts (we run Rally cars with RX motors).

Mclaren

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
I like the look of the RedBull BMW too, I have a soft spot for that livery. Watch SlotForum closely this weekend

I am also glad Ninco are doing a Pug 307, I am sure it will be better than the Carrera one on looks and performance.

·
Registered
197 Posts
QUOTE (mtucker666 @ 3 Sep 2004, 21:07)...They state that it will have "new special bushings" (!?)...
We've been discussing this in SlotAdictos, and our thought approaches to some kind of "double-bushing" to link chassis and new suspension, like old TT's from Exin, otherwise present Ninco cars with suspension restrain due to double, separated bushing: one for chassis and other for suspension.

I installed suspension to a 037 using double-bushing:

Perhaps they like my idea

·
Registered
571 Posts
Why so certain that the Ninco version will be better than the Carrera version? Some of my more recent Carrera purchases have been very impressive.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
jnr_seahorse:

If the the new Carrera 307s are like their recent Aston Martin DB5 in the attention to detail and finish department, then I will admit I was wrong looks wise but there is still no way on earth that (until they change their ideas on chassis design and running gear) any Carrera will out perform a similar Ninco car.

That said I am talking tuned mangetless racing here and not homeset direct from the box.

Carrera are just so up and down release wise - Recent Mustang and Enzo are both terrible but the Aston Martin DB5 and Vanquish were really great looks and finish wise and whilst the changes to their running gear and chassis last year were a big step forward they still have a long way to go to be competitive with anything other than another Carrera.

Sorry if I upset but that is my honest and reasonably well informed opinion.

·
Matt Tucker
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also forgot that Scalextirc will be producing the 307 and I've no doubt seeing as Autoart are producing the 206 thay they will add the 307 to their production run.

Would this make the 307 one of the most produced cars next to the Scooby!

Matt

·
Registered
571 Posts
Hi Swissracer

I wasn't suggesting you were wrong, I was enquiring what led you to this conclusion. (Now I know.) Don't worry I am not upset and thanks for your "reasonably well informed opinion"! I am sure you have a better idea of what you are talking about than me!

I have been looking forward to the Carrera release of this car for a while but maybe now I will be getting a new Ninco car for my collection instead!!

JS

·
Registered
773 Posts
...better shape of the Nincos Swiss?

Remember the pictures I've posted beginning of June?

Maybe, Ninco is able to outperform these cars on the track - but the shape of the Carrera-cars is excellent!

And when I remember right, they come with lights... no goldcaps, but good to start with...

Let's compare them when both are available - we might do a test for slotforum then...

·
Premium Member
5,398 Posts
Oh, it's been a while since I had a rant and a moan - hands up everyone who thinks the 1:1 307 a wierd looking, "Uh, oh, I'm tipping forward whilst stationary", oddity.

Just me then?

I'll get me coat...

Frankly, I don't care who makes it; they ain't getting anywhere near my cabinets. The single most unattractive car made in the last few years.

And someone please tell Mr Carrera to stop painting the pilots' eyes with a roller brush! James Bond looks like some kind of ventriloquist's dummy on speed in that Goldfinger DB-5. Marcus Gronholm here looks a bit spooked too.

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
I'm with you on the 307 WRC look wrong front. Indeed I think the 307cc road car looks odd too.

Rather than autoArt, Ninco, SCX and Carrera all doing the same car maybe one of them will extract the digit and do a proper Toyota GT-One, Metro 6R4 and BMW M635CSi.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Totally agreed. Just when I thought the 206cc looks odd, Peugeot had gone the "extra mile" to create the monstrous 307cc. What's wrong with using the normal 307 hatchback body on the rally car?

A "proper" 6R4? What a good idea. I'm sick of the crappy Scaley ones. I personally think certain cars are due for "Modernisation" big time. Like the old Scaley M1, Audi Quattro, etc. They can definitely do with more details, fly style. Also more modern chassis would be good.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I'm a real rally fan and I wouldn't mind having some of this years cars-307 WRC, Mitsubishi Lancer WRC 04, New Focus WRC. I think those 307's look the best slot car version of one of this years Rally cars so far.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Just as Swissracer had turned my attention to the Ninco version Thomas posts those fantastic pictures!!! Now I am really undecided! Guess I just have to hope the Ninco version looks equally impressive. A test comparing the two would be excellent if anyone has more funds than me and can afford both cars!

From the posts here it appears I am the only person on earth who thinks this new Pug looks absolutely FANTASTIC!

JS!

·
Registered
773 Posts
...you're not the only one

When available, we'll test both versions and write a short report about - I think Swiss will assist / lead this comparison.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Courtesy of GSR magazine and CricCrac.com.

Carrera 307 uncovered...

If I was going on just shape and looks I would buy an exoto

Looks like these lights might be permenant? thats alot of circuitry /weight for non permenant.

·
Registered
773 Posts
...maybe they did what they've been asked for? The circuit is different than in June - so there might be a chance! There is a small condensator visible, probably some protection diodes - and lot's of resistors!

Swiss, we've to compare them - I'm looking for the Carrera and you for the Ninco?

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Ninco one is on order already, but we should wait to see how long before the Scaley and Auto Art ones are also out.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts