Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
Well the 206 will be done soon, but I finished her granny this weekend. Yes, the 205 T16 by Top Slot, which is still the best-looking slot model of the car and, with Fly having dropped it, likely to be the only one around for a while.

Originally I was going to do this car as Michele Mouton's 1986 Monte Carlo car. It looked smart in its green and yellow LuK stripes and was different to the usual Vatanen number 2. But then, when you look at why the Vatanen number 2 car is the one everyone thinks of, it's easy to see why:

So I built it as it was: Ari's flying charger. Top Slot kit with Ninco Peugeot 306 Maxi chassis, NC-1 motor and SCX 'Pepperpot' wheels.

As ever, thank you to Pendle for your time and advice!

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,581 Posts
Good one Nick !! Yeah the TS car has much better likeness than the Spirit version.

Nicely done.

Leo

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Looks great! I really like the SCX BMW M3 wheels. I have one of those, but never considered them on the Pug?!

Here is my TS Pike's Peak 205 along with Spirit's version of Ari's #2. Also the Teamslot Audi S1 and Scaley 959.

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
Thanks guys, glad like her. Should give my Revell Quattro something to run with!

QUOTE (Phil T @ 24 Oct 2011, 06:34) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Beautiful! Can't seem to find one @ Pendles though...

No the kit's 12 years old Phil, it was a lucky find... and a very nervous build as a result. But everything inside it, and the wheels, came from our friends in the north.

Many of the parts came from this rather tired-out Peugeot 306... so I took pity on the old girl and gave her a bit of a refresh...

First run at the club tonight while pulling more gears on my 206 WRC rebuild.

It's all gone a bit Peugeot crazy lately!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts