SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I know that not everyone jumps at the chance to give away their set ups to others, but for those who are new to club racing, or even this type or rules, it might help to see what everyone is running.
I'm entering class 4 "Senior GT", here's a hint at what I'm going with.

Slot.It Audi R8
Ninco motor (not some rev happy rocketship)
Proslot rear tyres

That's about it really... can't fit roller bearings to an Audi and I'm not adding any weight as the big ol' Ninco motor should keep it down. I expect others will come up with more exotic concepts...

Hopefully, others will post tips or hints at their set ups.

Cheers all,

Lotus

· Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Slot.It Stuff makes it easy to cahnge the width of your axel at any time, so no excuses!
65mm is fine for me, because it's useless trying to go any wider with an Audi, you just end up rubbing the arches... or is it 'cos mine's so low... lol
Damn, I was hoping I'd be the only one crazy enough to try a Ninco motor, you'd better not beat me with one Jon!
Don't worry if you don't know what's best to run, 250 will have at least one or two of EVERY combination, he'll try them all out... lol
Hey BEEJAY, if you want to give that Callaway a bit of an upgrade, I'm making a run of Carbon Fibre chassis for them, that will be around £10. They will accept a Slot.It motor mount so fully customizable. If you're interested email me [email protected] Unfortunatly not legal for the Pheonix day...

Lotus

· Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Sore from opening the 'whore' up? lol

Tracks looks awesome, will remember to bring binoculars and grabber arm...

I was quietly confidant about the bus stop, because there is one at one of my home tracks of a similar size, which I have down... BUt it is of a different design, all the bends fit each other and are consequently differing radii. But no, yours is different because all of the bends are the same radii. I presume that you have filled in all of the 'gaps'?

Track looks great though, and I can't wait.

Anyway back to my setup. I've got my Audi going great around our 130 foot Ninco track (built especially for Pheonix practising... lol) I just need more grip, captain!! At the moment I have some worn out Proslot tyre on, but I know the grip comes right up with new Proslots. Do you know if silicones work well on your track (if they are allowed)? Or Slot.It P1 or P2? Just trying to keep my options open. Got a couple of ideas involving F1 parts too...

Lotus

· Registered
2,472 Posts
QUOTE I now have 3 cars ready and an option for a third

Shouldn't that be 2 cars and an option for a third? Obviously the electrical fields eminating from your controller have addled your brains...

I'm having problems with the back tyres on my Audi. They are rubbing on either the chassis or the body and Im going crazy. Move them in and it's the chassis, move them out and it's the body. Grind them down and it's not fast enough in a straight line, cut the width down and I'm losing grip. Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!

Oh well, I'll set up an Racer Porsche and maybe a Toyota aswell... Don't think I've got enough Slot.It gear though... dammit. It would happen the week before the bloody event!

Crisis overted: I can just race with a sub-standard car. NO, what am I thinking?!?!?!?!?! It will be fast....

Anyway, back to personality numero uno. Has anyone else had a problem with the Audi in this respect? I'm buggered if I can see a way around it without suffering some kind of penalty.

Lotus

· Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
I just really don't want to reduce the contact patch. Think I'll make some bridgestone-a-like square shoulders... well, round them off a bit

I wish Slot.It would have thought about this before, because I love the car but the back tyres need so much work.

Lotus

PS. Anyone care to comment on their set ups...

· Registered
2,472 Posts
So do they have to touch the track or not? I don't think it matters really, but it's one less thing to scrutineer. If nail varnish is too dodgy for you, what about superglue? lol I find lippy does back tyres the world of good, try that inte...

Anyway, where can I find a copy of the rules (original slot tech, or other)?
*gets out fine tooth comb...*

Lotus

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.