SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
2,611 Posts
Cracking idea but they are a secretive bunch...oh well

My car = Slot It Audi. Box standard except front tyres are skinny and 5 Gram weight in nose. Pro Slot rears.

i like your idea of the ninco motor as it will help keep the car weighed down so I`ll give that a go, cheers for the tip

· Registered
2,611 Posts
Good stuff Matt.

John if it helps at all...the racer Porsche is fine. Fit a better magnet and get the tyres down at the rear by a third, Fit a Slot It motor for a bit more straight line and you`ll do fine, several use that car here and it is good enough as a magnet car.

· Registered
2,611 Posts
That`s not a bad choice of magnet car. Gotta run it loose and fit skinny tyres/grind down fronts and maybe think of a softer tyre for the rear. If you want to go quicker then think about fitting a faster motor but that`s about all really. You are better off using a 25 ohm controller. If you don`t have one then there will be some available for all to use.

· Registered
2,611 Posts
HI Bob, you and the lads will be very welcome.

In both magnet classes only one mag is allowed. The reason for stating it should be fitted inside is because one local club to us fit their mags on the underside of the chassis and we reckon that`s nuts,

Of the cars you mentioned, the Scalex GT 40 is by far the better choice, Get your rear tyres down a third and you have a great chance.

There is no upper limit for motors in the non mag class. BUT be warned,our circuit does not favour high power. You need good grip and good braking ability, too high powered a motor and you will struggle. I`ve posted that the leading Phoenix club racers use box standard Pro Sliot toyota GT 1 and Slot It audi. These are run loose with soft tyres at the rear and skinies at the front,

Hope this helps and we look forward to seeing you guys

· Registered
2,611 Posts
The type of guide fitted makes no odds to the lap counting at Phoenix. To run better you may want to remove the spring from the self centring gadgey to get thru the `Bus Stop` easier.

Magnet set up like that is ok folks, it`s legal. Just be careful that the magnet doesn`t get pulled right thru onto the rails during a race!! there is no need to do this , you achieve a better result (and safer) by grinding about a third off the rear tyres.

Int you might want to edit your posted advice about opening up ladies with a bad reputation!!!!

· Registered
2,611 Posts
It`s a track that still flows but you really do have to concentrate fully. Trick is to concentrate on racing your lane and not so much the other cars....reckon that goies for any track really? The most difficult part is the `Bus Stop` as you enter it by going downhill,you`ll grow to love it guys

· Registered
2,611 Posts
Yep, gaps filled in with MDF which can be a shock as it`s smooth so you are coming off grip to smooth
Main thing to look out for is the guy who lunges in and draws you with him, he brakes later than you because you hit your curve first and then you are off as he hits his curve, brakes safely and is away! Old hands won`t fall for this though eh Rob?

No silicon tyres. The ones that are made up of resin composite are a healtgh hazard anyway and the tyres you mentioned are the ones, PS,Slot It are spot on for non mag. Doesn`t matter so much with mag class, as long as they are trued.

Looking forward to seeing you lads BIG time. I`ve just got in from the end of another very long and hard w/end with five events in all. I need to be involved with the lads who are coming to brighten me up a tad, feel very worn

· Registered
2,611 Posts
Hardly noticeable but if anything slightly less pull due to the plastic sleeve in between the rails . The MG Lola is very good going round our track and I`d be happy racing it on our track

· Registered
2,611 Posts
Slot It Audi, box standard. Tyres trued and glued, body loosened and fronts reduced to skinnie size. Parma Eco 25 ohm controller for a very quick response thru the curves and the `Bus Stop`. Club T Shirt and shorts, oh yes it will be sunny,sunny, sunny

· Registered
2,611 Posts
Chemical warfare mate, works every time. Balti on Saturday night and a green haze next day to distract fellow racers!
I`m hoping Hugs will prove a diastraction as a change from hairy arsed and unwashed (Inte) slotties

· Registered
2,611 Posts
AGGHHHHH! Not only is it extremely dodgey,blokes even posessing nail varnish, you may as well not fit rubber to the front if you are going to do that? Why not just run on hubs
I`ll go with the flow to be honest
The only rule I will not compromise on is running dry tyres. I`m not having residue left on our track, nope not happening. The copy of Slot tech rules I have says no `gloop` on tyres but that may have changed...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.