SlotForum banner

Pheonix Open Day Racing

5K views 69 replies 13 participants last post by  jonny s 
#1 ·
Now I know that not everyone jumps at the chance to give away their set ups to others, but for those who are new to club racing, or even this type or rules, it might help to see what everyone is running.
I'm entering class 4 "Senior GT", here's a hint at what I'm going with.

Slot.It Audi R8
Ninco motor (not some rev happy rocketship)
Proslot rear tyres

That's about it really... can't fit roller bearings to an Audi and I'm not adding any weight as the big ol' Ninco motor should keep it down. I expect others will come up with more exotic concepts...

Hopefully, others will post tips or hints at their set ups.

Cheers all,

Lotus

#52 ·

I have been practising with my Fly panox rather errrm "violently" at home and i seem to have killed its rear wing.

Is it still legal for the race - one very nice shiny panox - minus a back bit

I could glue it back on - but I would prefer not to be recovering parts of my car from all round the pheonix barn at the end of the race

Lv - a very frustrated with superglue at the ready - Hugs x x x

#55 · (Edited by Moderator)
QUOTE I now have 3 cars ready and an option for a third

Shouldn't that be 2 cars and an option for a third? Obviously the electrical fields eminating from your controller have addled your brains...

I'm having problems with the back tyres on my Audi. They are rubbing on either the chassis or the body and Im going crazy. Move them in and it's the chassis, move them out and it's the body. Grind them down and it's not fast enough in a straight line, cut the width down and I'm losing grip. Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!

Oh well, I'll set up an Racer Porsche and maybe a Toyota aswell... Don't think I've got enough Slot.It gear though... dammit. It would happen the week before the bloody event!

Crisis overted: I can just race with a sub-standard car. NO, what am I thinking?!?!?!?!?! It will be fast....

Anyway, back to personality numero uno. Has anyone else had a problem with the Audi in this respect? I'm buggered if I can see a way around it without suffering some kind of penalty.

Lotus

#58 ·
I just really don't want to reduce the contact patch. Think I'll make some bridgestone-a-like square shoulders... well, round them off a bit

I wish Slot.It would have thought about this before, because I love the car but the back tyres need so much work.

Lotus

PS. Anyone care to comment on their set ups...

#59 ·
Non mag: 1 car body (Fly porsche gt1 98) 1 chassis, multiple wheel, tyre and gear ratios all slot-it with the combination to be finalised. Having the same issue with tyres which if I use the large diam hubs the wheel arches interfere and if I use the small hubs it contacts the chassis. This is with a sidewinder setup so I think I'll change it to in-line so the crownwheel centres the axle and this will resolve and chassis interference. Then use small hubs to aide acceleration as top end should be fine with the 29k v12/2 under the bonnet. Gear rations probably go with 2.8 or 3 ratios and see what suits me that day.

Front end - slot-it deep guide trimmed - easy to get it so it does not wobble with pink kar skinnies that will be off the track.

no expectations in terms of podium places but I plan to whoop your asses, well hopefully at least finish a race!

Matt

#60 ·
Slot It Audi, box standard. Tyres trued and glued, body loosened and fronts reduced to skinnie size. Parma Eco 25 ohm controller for a very quick response thru the curves and the `Bus Stop`. Club T Shirt and shorts, oh yes it will be sunny,sunny, sunny

#61 · (Edited by Moderator)
Ah the what to wear debate. My attire:
lycra day glo yellow shorts with g-string (don't want a VPL) and string vest to esnure good ventilation.
Normally find that breaks the nerves of at least 2 or 3 of my competitors (I find usually the other ones are wearing are similar garb).

Matt

#63 ·
I wont be awake enough or if micks there I'll we'll be in stiches laughing

chemical warfare.. I think our resident mixer should be there with all his belongings....

Should be good, spoke to Sean before about it, looking forward to it.

I'm in for another giant killing or stupidly funny final... bring it on!

my set-up, has 4 wheels a body, motor and maybe some stright axles, that can be guarenteed though!

oh not sure if I'm being picky but dont the fronts have to touch the track?

#65 ·
QUOTE No nail varnish or daftness on tyres either

TOO LATE!

all those in favour of Inte doing a rolling wheelspin with lighter fluiod on main straight put your hands up and shout!

no seriously jonny, if we are going to be running slot tech rules then we are painting our tyres otherwise I will have to find something to screw my tyres up good and proper.. idea peeps?

Mick, sorted my fronts out now so you can have yours back!

#66 ·
AGGHHHHH! Not only is it extremely dodgey,blokes even posessing nail varnish, you may as well not fit rubber to the front if you are going to do that? Why not just run on hubs
I`ll go with the flow to be honest
The only rule I will not compromise on is running dry tyres. I`m not having residue left on our track, nope not happening. The copy of Slot tech rules I have says no `gloop` on tyres but that may have changed...

#67 · (Edited by Moderator)
So do they have to touch the track or not? I don't think it matters really, but it's one less thing to scrutineer. If nail varnish is too dodgy for you, what about superglue? lol I find lippy does back tyres the world of good, try that inte...

Anyway, where can I find a copy of the rules (original slot tech, or other)?
*gets out fine tooth comb...*

Lotus

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.