SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was quite taken by this layout at Gaydon today, great layout and car's, just thought i'd share these with all the people who did'nt make it up there today.

Cabbyman.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Michael
Just the 2 sets of slot it wheels, SCX pro braide.
I thought i'd try some of that MB braide too, you seem to get a lot for your £4.00.

Mind you I did end up spending £60+ on barriers and 2 TVRs cars for my brothers lay out, he phoned he's order through while he sat at home and watched the F1 race.

Ember.
Sorry but these are all the photo's I had time to take due to me trying to watch the racing too.
I did mean to go back to have a chat with the guy but just run out of time, shame.

·
Phil B.
3,764 Posts
The track in question is called Blakeley Green, it featured at the first Slot Rally GB at Toyota HQ and latterly at Wolverhampton clubs round of this years slot Rally GB. I don`t know who owns or constructed it but I`m sure someone here will. Having tackled it twice, I can say that it`s a stage thats flows really well, you can get into a nice rhythm lapping it.

Cheers - Phil

·
Philip Insull
1,793 Posts
QUOTE Indeed. Nice track. Any idea whose?
The track belongs to Malcolm (Wolverhampton Slot Car Club) He & I took it mainly to demonstrate George Turners kits (GT Models) in action throughout the day. The cars are all mine a mixture of GT models, Penelope Pitlane, Proto Slot and OCAR with a couple of SCX rally cars for kids to have a go with. Day seemed to be success with both cars parks apparently packed by mid-day and what felt like far more people than at either Brooklands events although that could have been down to the site being all indoors and not so spread out.
A great day and advert for the hobby, well done to all involved.

Cheers
Phil
p.s. thanks to Mark, Lee & Lewis for thier invaluable help setting up and packing away.

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Hi Phil,

Many thanks you allowed me to do some laps on the Blakeley Green Track with the Fiat 131 Mirafiori Abarth, after my just bought SCX Citroën C2 refused to start.
(At home it did, after some little repair)
There were a lot of great tracks at Gaydon, but this one, with the beautiful hand made resine cars, was very special for me.
Sorry, I did not recognize you at Gaydon, but now I remember. We met already some years ago at Milton Keynes.

I also want to thank the organsation for their splendid event and I hope it will return next year.
Well done.

rallyhub

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
I went to Gaydon on Sunday (My first slot car event)and this was the best track of the day.

The pit lane was an unconnected groove just used for storing the cars as far as I could tell it didnt seem to have any active paddles, so maybe you could drive the cars onto the track from the pits, but not off. I may be wrong though.

The whole track folded in the middle with the hinges on the top, so the scenery side is inward when transporting. The hinges were covered with scatter scenery and although visible were camouflaged quite well. Most of the grass seemed to be roll out matting with the trees popped into holes.

The track was braided and the road surface looked dry brushed with the edges picked out in white pen.

This was a really nice track and for me stood out amongst the others which were mainly snap together affairs with very little scenery.

I was a little dissapointed with the show to be honest as having been to many wargame events there were very few scenic layouts there. I suppose the show was more for the racers than the scenic modellers. I do think the slot car suppliers miss a trick. If they had a nice scenic layout perhaps closed off from the public with their cars running around they would have stolen the show.

On the positive side there were some really nice scratch built cars. George Turner had some nice ones and the drag strip had some really nice hot rods.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts