SlotForum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I have waited very long on this model...
I'll pre-order it right away...
Although... it doesn't look as good as I expected...

Greetz

gunther

·
Premium Member
5,559 Posts
Ach!

That's the beauty of it! We're not all speed crazed morons and some of us like to have cars that don't just zip around in circles.

Gotta admit, the look of the beast ain't what I'd expected.

·
Registered
759 Posts
...the SCX motor isn't the old RX-81 at least! Does anyone know more about this new RX-91? I like the look of it a lot, I mean come on,it's still an SCX guys. Not a Fly... But it should be nice to drive if it's like their other rally cars

G

·
QUOTE We're not all speed crazed morons and some of us like to have cars that don't just zip around in circles

depends what ohm controller you use I suppose, crazed 'Yes' Moron 'No'

To make it clearer I do like the SCX motors, great in any Rally without a magnet. But I dislike the build quality, maybe I have had all the friday afternoon cars!

·
Registered
28 Posts
QUOTE (bastumannen @ 29 Nov 2004, 15:07)...the SCX motor isn't the old RX-81 at least! Does anyone know more about this new RX-91?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I heard that the only difference, is a longer or shorter (I am not sure) axle. I suggest longer.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I think the RX-91 is the motor used in the SCX 959; to enable the motor pinion to fit the car (shorter) - maybe Mr M would be able to shed some light on this?

The car looks much nicer than the first shots (okay it was a pre production sample); the front end looks a bit squashed in comparison to the Team Slot IMHO; and the wheels are not as attractive as the Integrale wheels which are spot on, again the correct wheels appeared on the aforementioned Team Slot version.

Mind you, this car will look good with the headlights blazing and more importantly, be great fun to drive.

One for the wish-list.

Jamie

·
Jim Moyes
5,046 Posts
The 959 motor was the RX5 and was used to allow the model to have a more "scale" wheelbase. It is probably 5-6 mm shorter than the cars which have the RX8.

The Delta also has a shorter wheelbase, but only by 2-3 mm so the length of the RX9 armature shaft falls between the two. The more obvious difference is the size of the pole (stack?) pieces which virtually fill the length of the cooling hole, probably 25-30% longer than those on the RX8s. Could one of the motor gurus enlighten us as to what this is likely to do to the performance?

Mr.M

·
Peter Farrell
2,114 Posts
QUOTE Mind you, this car will look good with the headlights blazing and more importantly, be great fun to drive.

And just as important as the foregoing, A reasonable price. As in most things we get that which we pay for.
Alfetta

·
Registered
759 Posts
I must say that I'm tempted by the Teamslot version now that they were compared like that! How are they? Do they require a lot of work to run decent, or are they a bit of allright? Not that I'm afraid to do some work...

·
Premium Member
5,559 Posts
Dome, no offence intended with SCM, it's a phrase I heard banded about on SCI and I liked it so much it stuck with me. It's tongue in cheek, honest.

RX-91? Noooo, don't tell me that SCX are going down the Speed Crazed Moron route, too?

Sheesh. A Lancia that can out pace a LMP? Please tell me it is just the propshaft.

Ah, so DomeJudd gets all the dodgy SCX cars, does he? I guess, since I get all the duff Scaleys, other saps have to have the debris from other brands - I bought a Vanwall off Ebay last week - there's a thread coming, don't you worry.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts