Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi out there, can someone explain how to attache photos to posts on the forum please. john262. thanks.

·
Slot Car Racer and Builder
1,718 Posts
You need to upload your photos to a site like photobucket

from there you can make a link to the photos photobucket has some neat tools that make it easy to copy the correct link to your post.

Tags are put around the address so the photo can be embedded in the page. Here is an example the correct brackets are [ ] I changed them to { } so you can see the link.

{img}http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj113/dmpster/file_zps58052c14.jpg{/img}

and a photo

cheers
DM

·
Ian
99 Posts
As its Slotforum you could always go for SF Plus+ membership this gives you hosting potential, and discount at slotshops some quite close to you.

OR

Step 1 You have your photos on your computer.

Step 2 Really the next step is to size your pictures, to a size that the internet likes to use, usually direct off your camera the photos are very big and difficult to handle.

So in any Photo editing Software (Paint, Paintshop Pro, Photoshop there are loads of different ones) they need to be sized:
for Landscape I'd recommend 800 pixels wide
for portrait I'd go for 600 pixels wide

Step 3 Now re-save them on your computer, while doing this ensure they are in a format the internet recognises the most popular being JPEG.

Step 4 Now you need to get your photos on to the internet somewhere, to do this you need to host your pictures, there a loads of free packages to do this: Flicker, Photobucket, imageshack and more. I happen to use Photobucket

Upload you pictures onto your hosting site.

Step 5 Once you have your picture on the hosting site it will be given it's own unique address this is know as a URL, Copy this, it will start with and close with [\img]

[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h63/bleep12345/How%20to%20post%20Pictures/Image3.jpg

Step 6 Now on the Forum in your reply you need to paste that URL,

I prefer to leave a blank line before and after every picture it just looks nicer that way. Once you have added your text press the submit button and your post will come to life

I hope this helps, feel free to come back to me and I will help should you have a problem, I may have missed something because I do this all the time

·
Registered
968 Posts
Hi "dangermouse" !

Completely out of subject, but which cars are those in the photo that you posted ?
1/24 scale ? Or is it the track that is narrow ?
Some bodies makers seem unknown, as Lolas 163, Ferraris 512m, Chevron b19 (if it is not from Fly).

Best regards !

André Acker.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many thanks Dangermouse and Ian B will certainly get my head round your suggestions and give it a try. John 262.

·
Slot-A-Holic
5,504 Posts
If you want an even quicker way set your Photobucket account on automatic resize,
that way any photo you upload will automatically be the correct size.

Use the second link of the four on the Photobucket site and copy paste it in the insert image popup.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks JaakBeentjes , sounds like a good tip, will look for it when i get into it , cheers ! John 262.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts