SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Though it is already online for some time, I'm not sure this has already been drawn to your attention, a picture of the prototype of the Vanquish Lotus 72 is to be seen on the following link :

http://www.ciberslot.com/

Just click on "noticias".

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The car looks fine to me. Scale is another issue.

I eargerly await the Gulf Mirage but I fear the worst ...

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Thanks for the link, Luc.

The JPS livery make such a difference but, like probably most others I DO hope that VMG make this car and its future F1 siblings closer to 1/32 scale.

·
Registered
422 Posts
The shape looks wrong to me, but it could be the photo. I will have to see one in the flesh before I decide. I have been disappointed too many time by them and Spirit in the past to jump at anything quickly.

Dan

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
A bit like me, the car looks too fat around the middle. But then, so was Hornby's much lusted after contemporary version. Hands up all those with one of those?

My impression of the 'right' shape was formed by the Corgi Toys model. I loved that car. More recent models and a look at the real thing suggest it is as low and slinky as the Corgi so we just have to hope the livery is slimming.

Scott

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had that Corgy model when I was a kid ! It looked great ! When you talk about the body shape, you have to remind yourself that the Lotus 72 had one one the longest carrier in F1 (at least 6 years) and the shape didn't remain the same over the years.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Off topic - apologies - but I see ciberslot have the Scalextric (Superslot) Renault F1 at just €32 = £22.40!
I suppose after shipping to UK, there will be no price saving - shame!
I wonder if we WILL get it on Dec 8th . . .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts