SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 202 Posts

· Bob Chapman
8,850 Posts
This area is created for image posting and hosting and gallery issues.
It is to assist in VS getting the problems sorted out.
So please post only picture and gallery related problems here in this thread.
Many thanks
Bob

· Registered
483 Posts
Hi Bob

I posted this in the "Forum upgrade: ask for help here" thread but this thread is clearly more specific in terms of imaging:

This is not a new issue per se: I am a Google+ user for hosting my photographs. In trying to now post pictures, when I add the image to the editor it displays perfectly fine in the editor window, but when I try to preview or add the reply, I am getting the message "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community." This exact behaviour was described in an old thread on posting pictures: link is

http://www.slotforum...77814&p=1100169

In the linked thread, the reason for this behaviour was ascribed to the oldness of the forum software. Now that everything in shiny and new again, I was wondering if I could ask if this matter could be looked into again please?

Note that Google+ provides a link with https// and then a long link that does not seem to reference the file name or file type as such. The following is a text example:

lh3.googleusercontent.com/3zcmJJnVNIqt627920xLbr7cgJlqGCyzPv9V8wNfqoOIOiTeLBKSg0kmjsG8hiHFEXv7I5ojPosbnEyD8ZEqnj0zqRnsbPGQUc84H9s-nz3JhRQucWaafHzMNbs-CXWiFwiLHUJdYMUwh63Rhl1IHm43k4wVbNCXH1a0WVjzbhR5DOf35ZUvl6UH1s6kjZplxQlFVevTyL4FKOJwWgJVljBABrffkfiAc8FC7Spu9AuRT0eHzrJ0Xfe8fzv2ZHZtF-iZR4gYlU8irWC8xdC0S8C3rqpDY8F2nElkErZDtsJnZKOKtdtGq1wW2m4u3LS1j2Qub5liMTcEb1DKSj_Q03cz9E_uffzizLjiIVPb6_Tej56ujKfWbZVLtsrU1pJVDODzKbZdJzkdEOm8dR--aoroIzD_Rz9B4cFQufjUSUM7JwOo7rSjV1cs64BFaTCGzrEQkegJdemyBCFIWfMye-K-IMsYOSt17ot5xMhMYaYoTZSgvZYen5ImpK4SLEOZafMBjAynWTIZkh5xaH-_jdnWIkk9JdPFPw4Rq79f2gp3gheFFeLu3Ur1eB-FS8uDahlOVsIE5ZxQPvHRd7vt-i7oo2wAVtEawKpctN8-zYih83yDonn_=w1920-h971-no

Thanks!

Alwyn

· Bob Chapman
8,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Alwyn this is exactlymthe type of info we need so the techs can look into the issues.
Cheers
Bob

· Horlicks Hero
1,954 Posts
Not a complaint, but a reassuring comment. I posted pics yesterday for the first time since the forum upgrade. I am a Flickr user, and the Flickr BBCode links still appear to work perfectly. Copy and paste the link provided by Flickr, and boom, the picture is inserted into the post with a link back to the picture's Flickr page. Picture shows up on here as expected, and the link complies with Flickr's Ts&Cs. Everybody's happy.

· Al Schwartz
3,416 Posts
I have used the Slot Forum gallery to host images that I insert in posts for many years. Now all I find in my galleries (via Firefox or Safari) is any array of "no permission" symbols.

The site worked well for years. Now everything appears to be broken. What was the point of the "upgrade"?

EM

· Registered
483 Posts
The site worked well for years. Now everything appears to be broken. What was the point of the "upgrade"?
I have to seriously disagree with you. Have you not been following the absolute litany of issues that people had been posting prior to the upgrade? For the past few months before the upgrade, discussing issues and problems on the site was probably the most common topic of conversation by a country mile. Had you followed some of the multitude of those rhreads you would also have been aware of the fact that the previous version of the site was seriously out of date. This update skipped several update versions, which always poses challenges. I believe that, while there are still open issues, the core functionality of the board is now miles better. The mods are also actively working on identifying the areas of concern and the tech staff are steadily working on the remaining open items.

Rather than a kick in the teeth I think the whole team (mods and techs) deserve our support and appreciation.

Alwyn

· Premium Member
3,446 Posts
Yes, as posted on main discussion thread, VS are awaiting a new licence. You should see a 'store' button at the top of the page. We think this is where Plus membership will be placed.

· Bob Chapman
8,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ade i know you will re up and this is not your fault i will put you back on plus and add you to my list of those i have.
Sorry for the inconvenience biut as Brian said it should be sorted shortly
Bob

1 - 20 of 202 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.