SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
whats the covered carport type thing?

its looking good. putting borders around the whole track is great, you can slide anywhere now, without the worry of falling off! looks like a great track, keeps us posted!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The carport type thing is my "Tech-Inspection" area. Using Scaley Sport track. About 90' lane lengths. I also like the idea of the borders all the way around. I race mostly non-mag and it is a blast. I also like the wider look of the track itself.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Very nice work, do keep us updated as it comes along. I do like the tech inspection/pits area!

Farrout

·
Registered
571 Posts
Seriously like the layout!

Like the round glass car in the middle of the straight featuring subliminal tobacco sponsorship?

What make are your trees? I like the autumn theme, gives it that little bit more character.

JS

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks Alot Guys!

The material around the whole track is 2" Neo-Prene Rubber. 1/4" thick. It can be found at McMaster-Carr . It is a little shy of the track height. So what I did was, I put 1/16 plastic down all the way around the track before I put the rubber on. The rubber has a sticky back and goes down really easy.

The trees came from The Hummel Gift Shop here in Ohio. Not sure of the address but if you google it, it will be there. They are expensive. $15 apiece. So I didn't buy to many but I wanted the big Maple tree look in certain spots. They came with extra die-cut colored leaves to place around the trees. Going to use some different stuff for the rest of the trees.

I figured I would try a different approach using a Tech-Inspection area.

Again, thank you and I will keep you posted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.