SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
have to ask jonny for it, he is incapable of posting pics so he asked me kindly on his behalf soo jonny..

Rob.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hey there!

A million times WOW! Sir you have a fantastic job and an even better work place. My hat is doffed to you.

Cheers,

Julian.

·
Registered
420 Posts
yes it does look rather nice.... so tell us now - who's that guy in the race control position???

//peter

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
slik you going mate? be good to see ya, havnt seen you for a while.

bloke at race control, havent got a clue, doesnt look like he's got a clue either must just be any old joe bloggs who goes to pheonix

Rob.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Hi Guys,

many thanks for the response to be honest I am well chuffed you like the club. Sadly I`m not that clever with all aspects of computing but thanks to Int you have some idea of how the track is laid out before you race here. I`ll ask skippy if he can post the track plan asap.

The sad old looking and very tired git at race control....It`s me! Reason for including that is to show the effects on the human body after two years of running a club full time.....I`m only 18! Joking aside I put the picture up so that when you come to the club you can seek me out and recognise the guy that can help you. I will do everything I can to help you have a great time racing at Phoenix. I am the front man but we have 233 members and they are great people . The best aspect of Phoenix is the club members. We love our racing and I can tell you truth, any one of them will help you to set a faster time around our circuit.

·
Registered
61 Posts
That's BRILLIANT guys, very very well done, looks FANTASTIC, and it looks like it would be great fun to drive and race on.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Because the pics are to help with choosing car set up there are no pictures of the pit lane which I think looks good. No surprise but there are over 500 painted figures dotted around the circuit. You have to strike a balance with club circuits don`t you as it is used hard with approx 300 racers per week racing it gets used and often takes a bashing.
having fun is what it`s all about and whilst it`s great to compete it`s about having fun and mixing with like minded souls and I have met some great people thru the hobby

·
Ric Woods
817 Posts
Wow! Very impressive. I'm really looking forward to racing there and hopefully keeping my cars out of the scenery...

Mooster

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I hope your going to keep your no mag cars off mine as well although the M3 is a little tired now but dont worry! I will repair it!

had many a great race that M3..
250 GTO-

ohh lots of tips good good, I think people have stopped giving me them now.. took a tip off 250 at wolves and should of beaten him
changed the car for the final and it didnt quite work

Rob.

·
Premium Member
5,397 Posts
[ole green eyes]
Very impressive.

Why did I think you operated out of a barn? Could have sworn I read that here not so long ago.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
That is correct it is a barn. From the outside it looks like a farmers barn except that at the door end we have chequered flags flying and a blue and yellow tyre wall around our car park. The point is that who cares what the outside looks like when we are there to race. Security is always an issue and the sign on the road is mobile and a very sophisticated alarm system is intalled. It takes me and the `Millie`dog 90 seconds in my club Land Rover to get there armed with a shot gun, from where I live.

What you can see is phase one, completed and it takes up a third of one barn. We have two barns side by side. Phase two and three are under way next door. We are considering building a Rally circuit,based on the `Rally Mountain` circuit I built for "Short Circuits". Phase three wil be a Sport Digital circuit with Sport World fitted in too. The club occupies a site which has a lot of land and we use the total area for putting on events. There is plenty of space to park and set up things like the real cars and catering vans etc right outside the circuit. It`s a lovely location and in the Summer very peaceful to sit outside and relax or play five a side or cricket before we race. It`s a safe environment because it`s private land,safe for the kids who attend and no problems with the idiots from the town trashing it. Plenty of room to camp and for caravans to site.

The potential number of public we can expect to at least take a look if I move this event to the Summer is over 20,000 because right next door in the next field is one of Europes biggest markets. Thousands of kids attend this too and whilst it is easy to seperate ourselves from this we can also make it inclusive to the event. The infrastructure for this size event is already there and experienced security and marshalling is there too along with medi cover and a body guard for me. We`ll see how we go on, first time around I`d be happy with a thousand visitors. Not all will want to race but as there will be attractions outside then it`ll all help a good cause. The appearance of television to film also attracts those that have yet to suffer at the hand of that particular media!! But yes, It`s a barn.

·
Alan Tadd
4,029 Posts
Great pictures chaps. Really looking forward to the event.

Jon how long did you have to hold your breath in for that photo, you look a little blue around the gills!.

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I`m too old to worry about what I look like but It`s probably because blue is everywhere as it`s our club colour...honest!

p.s. your cases have gone out to you with my compliments, put a couple bob more into the charity for the postage mate

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hey There!

Work permitting I shall be attending and manning the NSCC stand with Gareth (Jexy), if he wants me that is. Of course I think it would be a crying shame not to race too. Do we have to decide if we are going to run mag or non mag before the day or on the day? Not sure what I wil be in the mood for yet you see?

Looking forward to meeting some old friends and making some new ones too.

Have fun,

Julian.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
On the day after you have tried the track out is fine Slik. Many thanks for the support Slik. Gareth tells me you are travelling up Sunday, so make it early mate!

·
Premium Member
5,397 Posts
Sorry, I think you misunderstood me, I meant it doesn't look like a barn. Looks a lot more welcoming than the average barn. A lot more inviting than the barns that I looked at when trying to find a location for us.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
looks great, can't wait!

Never done club racing before, any chance of a new thread with rules and prep tips for your club and track? cheers

1 - 20 of 66 Posts