SlotForum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Peter Christie
1,835 Posts
do not but anything other than scalextric pinions for scalextric slimeline FF motors...the shaft is knurlled.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi,

Slightly off the topic,but besides the colour, are the black Scaley pinion gears the same as the white ones?
I fitted a black one (as the white one had split) to a standard Scaley Mabuchi in line motor,but it meshed so tightly with the contrate that the motor would not turn.I tried a second one with the same result.I doubled checked to see if the black pinion was not catching the ring on the contrate but there was enough clearance in both cases.I tried another axle but had the same problem

Cheers
Bryan

·
Mark Wain
479 Posts
QUOTE (nitro @ 18 May 2012, 19:48) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>do not but anything other than scalextric pinions for scalextric slimeline FF motors...the shaft is knurlled.
Most scalextric shafts are knurled/splined never had an issue putting Pinions on, and never had running problems after.

It's not for a scalex car, and it's to mesh with a standard size contrate. I have the shaft sleeve to reduce the excess end float in the axle assembly.

·
Peter Christie
1,835 Posts
Sidewinder, anglewinder and inline pinions may have different diamaters; hence the quality of your mesh may differ, I don't use scalextric motors nor their pinions so possibly the black pinion was the wrong one to put on the motor shaft

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
if the replacement 1.5 pinion is brass it will go on the scaly splined shaft easely. providing youve got a pinion puller pusher tool. if not buy a cheap ninco one, not the best!but its given me years of use. if its a steel pinion, remove the splines with a fine needle file while the motor is spinning. you can do this to the standard scaly FC 130 motors as well loads of peole sell reducer sleeves to fit a 2mm pinion on a 1.5 motor shaft. john and bin the plastic pinions, use brass, steel, stainless, or the anodised alloy ones.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Hi Guys.

Standard pinions are 2mm id. FF motors are 1.5mm shaft.

Another way round this is to drill out a length of 2mm od brass tube, to 1.5mm id of course, and use that as an adaptor.

Don't try to drill too deep, and do it in stages if you have the drills !!.

Then you can use standard Slotit or whoevers pinions.

vbr Chris A.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi fellas,
Thanks for posting
Ja the wrong pnion gear,but it is for Scaley, I still have the wrapping
The problem is trying to figure the difference Side winders, angle winders..
All I want is to keep the car going!
So is the bottom line white for white?
Why do the manufacturers confuse us old men by changing some diameter by .04 ?

Cheers
Bryan

·
Registered
226 Posts
Does anyone know a source for pinions longer than 6mm? All I find are 4mm or shorter. They are useless on motors with shorter shafts and/or a longer reach to the crown gear. This applies to older chassis before the trend to use the motor shaft to maintain proper gear mesh.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
QUOTE (bleny luke @ 24 Jun 2012, 05:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Does anyone know a source for pinions longer than 6mm? All I find are 4mm or shorter. They are useless on motors with shorter shafts and/or a longer reach to the crown gear. This applies to older chassis before the trend to use the motor shaft to maintain proper gear mesh.

Cartrix long pinion

Reprotec also makes long pinions.

OR

Another one

Surf for slot car long pinions

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
bleny luke, on your usa ebay . bud bartos is selling 7t pinions at the moment, 20 pinions for $4.95. if you wanted the 13t pinions i can send you a couple, just pm me with your address/ john

1 - 18 of 18 Posts