SlotForum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
David Farrow
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me with this as I feel I am missing something, Most slot clubs have the drivers rostrum so you are pinned against a wall. Tracks like North London and Leicester are because there's not much room, tracks like Luton and Wolves do it on purpose but Oaklands and Dudly are not like that. Am I the only person that isn't very keen on this arrangement? I find it quite of putting when a driver breaks his car and tries to get past in a panic or just changing over in practice is a bit of a push and shove. It's not to do with being distracted when racing as nearly all the time everyone else is marshalling.
Any thoughts.

DF

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Quite agree David, any movement on the rostrum can be a distraction, so allowing drivers easy access and exit to & from the rostrum is a good idea if the room layout allows. I think I know where you're going with this, can the tracks be fitted in the room if we adopt this idea?

Mike T

·
Registered
213 Posts
End only access to the drivers rostrum is rarely a good idea but due to a lack of space, is sometimes the only solution.If you,ve got the space then build the rostrum Oaklands style as those of more generous proportions will be most gratefull, as will the beanpoles who are in our way.

·
David Farrow
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another point to consider is the ever increasing age and decaying health of slot racers. Access for Paramedics!!

·
Premium Member
2,143 Posts
We have already added extra steps at both ends of the rostrum for our less agile members.
The whole NLondon room is a squeeze, remember a S32 a few years back when we had 52 turn up on the day and most were in the room to watch the final!
Another irritant are the people who lean forward on the rostrum, this makes all the other drivers do the same so as to be able to see the track, why do people do this?
[oneofwos]

·
Phil Smith
2,622 Posts
QUOTE Another irritant are the people who lean forward on the rostrum, this makes all the other drivers do the same so as to be able to see the track, why do people do this?

Probably to see past your stomach, John

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Being pinned against the wall is better than being pinned against those windows with the crumbly putty that you used to have at Wellingborough before the track was rotated!

Coop

·
Premium Member
2,946 Posts
David,
The latest plan for the new club room has the Scale track and Slotstox with the drivers in the centre of the room.
Unless you want to drive the Raceway from some other place than the main straight I'm afraid you're stuck with having your back to the wall.
The track simply won't fit in any other way.
There will be a little more space behind the drivers though, because the position of the door to the balcony will dictate that.

For what it's worth I prefer to drive with my back to a wall.
I find it much more off putting having people wandering around and chatting just behind me while I'm racing.

Cheers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts