SlotForum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

anyone know when the Pioneer Cameros are due out, seem to have been waiting ages for these.

Just tried to access their website but seems to be down unless my phone is playing up.

·
Ian
99 Posts
Hi Dodge,
The website is live and has all the current information.
Production problems are being felt right across the slotcar world, it's all part of the age we are living in. Unfortunately it is being felt by all of us just waiting for these cars to hit our tracks. I have this feeling, when they come they will be worth the wait…

I know, I could never wait for Christmas either, and it's no better now I'm older…

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
Hi there all..

Like all of you, I am also very much looking forward to the Camaro's release.

I know it seems a long time since it's announcement, but looking at Pioneer's previous releases, I am sure the wait will be "well worth" it.

We will just have to be patient, and look forward to the Camaro's release, not forgetting the other cars as well..

All the best.. Martin.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Anyone that has had dealings with Chinese manufacturing companies knows the joys of doing so. It brings a novel twist to the most supposedly straight forward attempt to get things done.

I suspect that relocating all manufacture to Sheffield now almost seems like a viable alternative.

cheers
rick1776

·
1 hp Trabant is not my real car
770 Posts
I am sitting here in a hotel in Jinan - just south of Beijing, on a one month and counting project.
Co-incidentally this morning read an article in the China Post, local English language newspaper, that several USA companies are moving their production back to USA from China because of rising costs and production problems in China.
The Chinese authorities probably allowed the article to be published as a warning shot across the bows of the workers here who are getting restive for more pay and better working conditions.
We live in interesting times
Tom.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Sheffield? Nah. Rotherham actually.

Our factory upheaval has resulted in the loss of two critical tools that we now need to remake.

I don't like China.

It is possible that the Legends will now be out before the Camaro.

Jules

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
QUOTE (Pioneer @ 17 Jan 2012, 13:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Our factory upheaval has resulted in the loss of two critical tools that we now need to remake.
Uh-oh, that doesn't sound good.

About a year ago I got a phone call from a supplier "we've put a milling cutter through the back of the tool, what do you want to do?"
Cry or swear is what you want to do at that stage, picking yourself up and getting back on track takes a lot of resourcefulness, best of luck Jules. Shout if you need any help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.