Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question to those who have Pioneer cars.

I have just decided to photograph my collection expecting to take 3 photos.

1. Car in box with sleeve
2. Car on plinth without lid
3. Car on plinth with Data Sheet

I was somewhat shocked when I realised that some of the cars did not have data sheets, this would not be an issue if they were for the track but these are shelf queens. All the cars I've put on the track came with the Data Sheets.

Can anyone tell me (Jules if you see this) if all cars come with the Data Sheets, if not which ones do / don't so I can check I have all of them.

Many thanks

Colin

·
Registered
161 Posts
They dont all have the Data Sheets as I was wondering that myself when I got certain models. I did get a reply from Jules some 2 years ago on the subject and print it below. Obviously it is a little out of date now but it is a start.

Jules wrote
"Onto the question of the cards:-

The Fastback Mustangs do not have a vehicle data card (VDC). We will only print VDC's when the cars absolute history can be determined or there is a story to tell. Both the Notchback cars are still in existence right now and we got the help of the current owners to put together the information. The history is documented in the SCCA Trans-Am files so no question of the authenticity or historic value.

The next Notchback car (released next month) is ref: P009 and is the 1967 Trans Am Champion car of Jerry Titus, the yellow #17 car. This will, of course, come with a VDC. I really like the cards, they add a little more interest to the whole package.

For your information, the VDC's are numbered and the ones issued so far are:-

VDC #1 for P001, The Bullitt Mustang Movie car
VDC #2 for P006, the white Notchback, car 31
VDC #3 for P010, the blue Notchback, car 22

Soon there will be:-

VDC #4 for P009, Notchback Mustang, car 17, Jerry Titus
VDC #5 for P003, Dodge Charger Assassin car from Bullitt Movie
VDC #6 for P005 Dodge Charger, Bengal Tiger Special Edition"

Hope that helps Colin.

Cheers, CB

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Well done for digging out that info CB.

If a model should have a VDC (Vehicle Data Card) it will say so on the box sleeve - look for the yellow arrow.

The list can be updated as follows:-

VDC #1 for P001, The Bullitt Mustang Movie car (also used in P002 Silver Bullitt, P021 Golden Bullitt, P024 STEALTH BULLITT & P027 Phantom Bullitt)
VDC #2 for P006, the white Notchback, car 31
VDC #3 for P010, the blue Notchback, car 22
VDC #4 for P009, Notchback Mustang, car 17, Jerry Titus
VDC #5 for P003, Dodge Charger Assassin car from Bullitt Movie (Also used for P028 Shotgun Wedding edition)
VDC #6 for P005 Dodge Charger, Bengal Tiger Special Edition
VDC #7 Generic card for 1968 Dodge Charger, used for models, P031, P034
VDC #8 Generic card for 1969 Dodge Charger, used for model P019
VDC #9 for P039 1968 Notchback #28, Gregson
VDC #10 for P032 1968 Nothcback #2, Gurney
VDC #11* for P018, 1967 Sunoco Penske Camaro *coming soon

VDC #12* for P011, 1967 Al Green Camaro *coming soon

Jules

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi Ember,

You got me checking my P019 and I can confirm there is a VDC with that model as per Jules reply.
I have found there are small variations between some of the same Pioneer referenced models, (eg driver positon and helmet design and 2 different colours of black or green on the P001 boot area) but I dont think the VDC is one of them.

Cheers,
CB

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the P001 mustang with the green back panel, would love to know how many of those were actually made as I only found it at one place for sale.

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
Ah well.... such is life. Probably got lost somewhere on the shop shelf. No biggy. Not looking to make my fortune from then or anything.

·
Phil Clayton
879 Posts
QUOTE (Pioneer @ 30 Apr 2012, 13:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>VDC #11* for P018, 1967 Sunoco Penske Camaro *coming soon

VDC #12* for P011, 1967 Al Green Camaro *coming soon

Jules

Best news I've read for a while

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
QUOTE (DB5 @ 2 May 2012, 21:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have the P001 mustang with the green back panel, would love to know how many of those were actually made as I only found it at one place for sale.

The first issue of the P001 cars had the black rear panel and then Pioneer released a second run with the green rear panel. Don't know how many were in the first run though, sorry.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
I seem to remember the number being 3000 for the first run?? That or my memory is playing games with me.

cheers
rick1776

1 - 12 of 12 Posts