SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
hi all, i heard that pioneer are releasing these in the 3rd quater of 2011
has anyone seen or heard about them as yet ? i really want these 2 cars, they look awesome and i also want them chipped for digital
i know there is a similar car as a kit availabe in the form of penelope pitlane, but being a newbie i wouldnt have a clue what motor , gears etc to use, so i'm waiting on these 2 from pioneer until i decide to start building them myself later on... thanks

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
These are not available yet, I asked Jules and if I remember correctly they should have been near the end Q3 start Q4 so Sep / Oct

Jules, Can you confirm or deny this.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ahhhh ok thanks wraith, so its jules we're waiting on is it , i hear ya nobber..... OK
JUUUUUUULLLLLEEEEEESSSSSSS we want these nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
you know what slotti's get like when they want something like today......
bagsy the first 2 muhahahahaha

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
QUOTE (PINHEAD69 @ 31 Aug 2011, 01:17) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>ahhhh ok thanks wraith, so its jules we're waiting on is it , i hear ya nobber..... OK
JUUUUUUULLLLLEEEEEESSSSSSS we want these nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
you know what slotti's get like when they want something like today......
bagsy the first 2 muhahahahaha
Somehow I think it's less likely to be Jules causing the delay and much more likely to be a production delay caused by lack of foresight by the Chinese Government.

The Chinese are struggling to fulfil their contracted manufacturing quotas due to power shortages, among other things. Any time a model proof gets rejected, for major error or minor, it goes back to the bottom of the waiting list. Pioneer is not the only slot car company affected by this, but they are the one we notice most because we're all looking forward to their next non-Mustang offering.

Embs

PS: Sorry to interrupt with the voice of reason. But... Have patience Grasshopper.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hehe i know its not jules emb , i was shouting as i wanted to know asap jokingly
plus yeah, i'm sick of seeing mustangs to....
saying that, i may not have a track by then lol
anyways, thanks for your sensible diagnostics of the situation ;-)
us boys get super impatient when we want something badly hehe

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol ever since ive become interested in this scalextric scene, it seems to have turned me into a raving impatient
little boy who wants things nowwwwww
i would however buy the penelope pitlane if if if
someone could advise me on a competetive quick motor and gearing etc etc... in fact, everything that i would need to get for that kit to make it a monster on the track, including to make it for digital use....
so c'mon peeps, what spec, i am a newb so if you said, get the aspx139n with a v49 elk dimsum i wouldnt have a clue ;-)

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
Hi there all..

PINHEAD69..... Like yourself, I am very much looking forward to the release of the "Pioneer Legends".. I am sure they will be "Well Worth" the wait...

In the meantime, while you are waiting. If you do purchase a P.P. Legends kit, they are great fun to build and race.

Here is my P.P. "Legend" I built for racing in the Scale Models "Legends" race series at Stockport (Manchester).

The kit comprises of the resin body (2 body styles available) metal chassis, wheels/tyres, axles, wheel inserts and axle bearings, so the only thing you have to buy, is a suitable small can FF motor, crown and pinion gears, and a slot guide, depending on what type of track you are going to use it on (plastic track or wooden)

The spec on my P.P. "Legend" is..... Scaleauto 30.000 rpm motor, slot-It deep wood guide, slot-It crown gear and the body painted in a suitable "Legends" livery (GENERAL LEE-GEND).

Please remember, these resin body/chassis kits although excellent cars, they do take quite a lot of work to put together and set up to use. So if you do not have the skills or patience to build one, I would suggest you wait for the "Pioneer" cars.... But saying that, "Have a go Anyway", you should enjoy yourself building one, "hopefully"

The other thing is. Not having fitted one, I am not sure if there is enough room in the car/chassis to fit a DPR chip to the P.P Legends car.

All the best.. Martin De'Ath.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
martin thats fantastic work, i like that alot
i didnt see those holes in the front arches on the kit, did you drill those in ? looks neat
thankyou for the tips, i do have the patience when making things, so i may try that, its the wiring that will cause me problems as i wont know what goes where being a newb until ive done one of course, thanks dude

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
Hi there all..

PINHEAD69 ... I thought you would like it... Yes, I drilled the front holes and bent up pieces of rod for the nerf bars.
Have a go at building one, I am sure you will be pleased with it.
My only extra piece of advice is.. Use a smaller RPM motor (21,000 or 25,000 rpm) especially if you are using it on a home plastic track.

If you need any help or tips, feel free to PM me..

Have fun...

All the best.. Martin De'ath.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cool ok thanks mart...
if i did one, i would want it to be competetive, just incase i did actually indulge in a race meet or something
besides, we cant have you having the fastest legend out there can we ;-)
i wouldnt use it much on my track anyway, although i would like the option to use it on a plastic and a routed track, then i'm covered for all aspects, all situations......
the crown, pinion gears and slot guide, i would'ny have a clue... so best ones suitable i guess whatever they are

·
Nobby Berkshire
2,015 Posts
The Chinese government?

I've heard some brill excuses in my time, but that's a classic. Personally I think it's a Russian plot to destablise the West before the Martians invade next Wednesday.

PP kits are really good and so well made, but quite a bit expensive when you add in wheels, tyres, axles, etc and a motor. Drop an email to the guy at the PP website and ask him to check that he has stock before you pay for anything. If you can't work out what parts you need (the website is 100% incredibly confusing and so too is the Pendleslotracing PP section) then he'll offer advice. He's totally cool and you'll be surprised how good he makes these kits and chassis.

In the meantime, I can only hope that Pioneer start making a few more cars that have been advertised on their website for a couple of years now. There are some stunners there that they'll make beautifully, I'm sure.

·
6,455 Posts
QUOTE (Screwneck @ 3 Sep 2011, 07:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The Chinese government?

I've heard some brill excuses in my time, but that's a classic. Personally I think it's a Russian plot to destablise the West before the Martians invade next Wednesday.
Have whatever opinion you like. World circumstances are what they are. Or do you guys not take notice of world news?

·
Registered
503 Posts
QUOTE (Ember @ 3 Sep 2011, 03:10) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Or do you guys not take notice of world news?

Embs, You're posting to a bunch of slot car fanatics, so I assume your question was rhetorical.

Pinhead... I'd take Martin's advice and choose a motor at 20K rpm (or even 18K rpm) if you build that PP car. However, if you really want a blazing car, albeit one that will be flying off the track quite often, I've got a few Black FF050 cans I can sell you at a great price.. God knows I'm not going to use them in my little F1 cars--right size.. wrong horsepower!

Cheers,

Mark

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok big, i will take note and use a smaller rpm motor
afterall i am a newb to this, and one saying it plants a seed, 2 saying it sprouts the flower
my motto is, no matter how well you can do things , always listen to experience
it is most certainly always right ;-)
although the rebelious side in me is still screaming a 25 rather than a 30 now
i will however fight it, thanks for your knowledge peeps

·
6,455 Posts
QUOTE (Bigskybanker @ 3 Sep 2011, 23:55) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Embs, You're posting to a bunch of slot car fanatics, so I assume your question was rhetorical.

Fairy Nuff.
I'll try to keep that in mind in future.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Hi all, I heard that pioneer are releasing these in the 3rd quater of 2011
has anyone seen or heard about them as yet ? I really want these 2 cars, they look awesome and I also want them chipped for digital
I know there is a similar car as a kit availabe in the form of penelope pitlane, but being a newbie I wouldnt have a clue what motor , gears etc to use, so I'm waiting on these 2 from pioneer until I decide to start building them myself later on... thanks
P013Ford54sml.jpg
... and here we are 8 years later!
xmas.gif

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

More pics here: https://www.inaslot.com/product-page/p063-pioneer-legends-racer-34-ford-coupe-blue-22

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts